SG13 tinytower mod

wooble

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Apr 30, 2017
Hello!

Hopefully this is right category for this!

I love small tower cases, but I could not find anything which fits my needs and budget so I decided to mod one from SG13. I also wanted to fit beefiest air-cooler possible in small case. It has been long process of trial and error, but I guess I'm finally done with it (and ready for next build). Latest iteration of build is bit more looks over performance. Wooden front and side panel are blocking a lot of airflow. This makes case bit of and hotbox. It can still handle some overclock while gaming.

I also took part in open series case mod competition at Dreamhack. It was fun and I had only sff case which made to finals, but the level of detail in other mods was waay higher.

Here you can see other partisipants and couple of more pictures of my build:
https://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/2...t-i-dreamhack-casemod-championship-open-class

Here are the results (managed to win bonus gategory "Best use of materials"!):
https://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/2...casemod-championship-pa-dreamhack-winter-2017

Parts:
CPU: i5-6600k @4.5GHz cooled with cryorig H7
GPU: GTX 1060
PSU: SF 450
RAM: 16Gb @3200MHz
Storage: 128Gb MVME ssd, 512Gb sata ssd
Case: Silvestone SG13

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Great work @wooble! :thumb::thumb:
Thanks for mentioning it on my SG thread. I never did get to mod the SG06, as my daughter needed a PC for homework... So, standard fit SFX PSU there.
Like you I like towers, and other than the fact that the graphics card in a standard SG05/6/13 is under less strain, taller & narrower does it for me.
I really like the proposed Dan Case C4-SFX for its shape & size, and would probably migrate to one from my SG13 if the funds were available.
In the meantime, I am working at a glacial pace on a 17L short tower case mod that will take ITX / 'narrow' MATX and MATX boards.

Reactions: wooble

wooble

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Apr 30, 2017
Oh man, I didn't even know about Dan Case C4-SFX! Quite nice one! I have been also drooling over Louge Ghost S1, but I have decided my next one will be scratch build. I'm thinking something like as overkill as possible airflow capacity and of course small as possible.

17l 'narrow' MATX sounds super fun. I have been also thinking should I try to build sff case for my server, which currently runs MATX hardware and I'm not planning to update anytime soon. I think it's not about size of sff build, but what you can fit inside.

To make current build work better I have been thinking should I change GPU cooler to two 120mm fans on the bottom. I guess it might keep the GPU bit cooler and even give some airflow for the case.