Not open for further replies.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
He probably suggested that you will take the shady approach of honoring the current refunds with the money from the next batch...
Not a helpful reply. That's a next level scam, and I'd figure @SFFTEC is above this. In light of the negative comments in the past 24 hrs, I kindly request only order related posts are posted in this thread until it is locked. Ta.

SFFTEC

Average Stuffer
Original poster
SFFTEC
Nov 17, 2019
www.sfftec.com
Not a helpful reply. That's a next level scam, and I'd figure @SFFTEC is above this. In light of the negative comments in the past 24 hrs, I kindly request only order related posts are posted in this thread until it is locked. Ta.
Oh the scam accusations again, now by admins. I only have 5 pending refund requests, don't worry. Glad this is over, now this is my actual final post here ?

Dem0nflare

Trash Compacter
Jul 5, 2020
This^

I'd rather not step in to buyer/seller issues (we expect folks to be able to sort stuff out between themselves), but this situation is beyond my patience. The "pressure" as @Dem0nflare has issues with calling it, is valid criticisms of people who have lost money (temporarily or permanently, as time will tell), and time. If one buys a product from anywhere, one expects communication, even if there are issues with the supply chain.

This situation has been seeing forum reports for most, if not all, of 2020. Forum rules have been broken, as I mentioned in my previous post .

I will be closing this thread in 24 hours as per my previous statement of 1 week's notice. If you have any concerns regarding SFFTEC and their products, please use the contact form on the website - https://www.sfftec.com/ as future communication via this forum may not be possible as per vendor rules laid out clearly here: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/mission-statement-rules.6678/
I don't know what forum you are reading, but they are people saying he stole the money and just harassing him with stuff unrelated to the product. I contacted via email and he responded right away. Your other moderate seems to have a better understanding "Make this decision for yourself and not for others. We have reviewed a few reports from this thread, so just reminding everyone: buyer beware, do your research, and be kind." You thought there constant spamming on a post they did not buy or already got a refund was being "Kind". . Now your just "¯\_(ツ)_/¯" being a child and egging him on. I had a ok purchasing experience, delays happen it's not cancer. Thanks SFFTEC! Back to actually discussing SFF on a on Redit.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I don't know what forum you are reading, but they are people saying he stole the money and just harassing him with stuff unrelated to the product. I contacted via email and he responded right away. Your other moderate seems to have a better understanding "Make this decision for yourself and not for others. We have reviewed a few reports from this thread, so just reminding everyone: buyer beware, do your research, and be kind." You thought there constant spamming on a post they did not buy or already got a refund was being "Kind". . Now your just "¯\_(ツ)_/¯" being a child and egging him on. I had a ok purchasing experience, delays happen it's not cancer. Thanks SFFTEC! Back to actually discussing SFF on a on Redit.

You haven't seen the numerous user reports, direct emails, PMs, Discord messages and more from those who have, and have not, posted in this thread. FWIW the shrug was in reply to SFFTEC misreading my post, not in regards to the situation. Seems you misread my intent as well as SFFTEC.

Last edited:
Reactions: jax111

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Lets lay a few things out here. The team have reached out to SFFtech privately in the past more than once to try support them to fulfill their commitments to the community. They have had their threads in the BST sub-forum locked due to ongoing failures to communicate with people they had taken money from, after multiple commitments to do so, in some cases leaving customers in the dark for multiple months ahead of when it rose to become a visible problem. Ultimately SFFtech lost their BST privileges in-order to try limit the harm being done, it was to the point where users were reaching out in anger to the SFFn team looking for redress. Outside of SFFn moderators & staff from other communities in the SFF scene have reached out as SFFtech has been the source of similar drama and similar recourse in those spaces, for much the same reasons as what has been seen here. We have tried to balance ensuring forum members who have given money to SFFtech have a channel to reach out and for SFFtech to communicate back & have tired to encourage & support SFFtech to do so. To that end this thread was allowed to remain, however this thread was never intended to be another sales channel. This stipulation was not implied, it was explicit and it was not adhered too.

SFFtech is no longer welcome to do business here, our community is strong and will enthusiastically support anyone who tries to bring new ideas to market and we, as a team, offer our unreserved commiserations to anyone who has been burned in this instance. Ultimately as long as threads remain open updating people about shipping, or a lack there of, then those same threads serve to funnel new customers to a vendor who, regardless of the reasons or intent, is unable to fulfill those orders or communicate in a reasonable time frame with paid customers. If you have outstanding orders we can only suggest you reach out to your payment processor and seek to have that refunded, or reach out to SFFtech through other channels, SFFn will no longer be providing a platform to do that.

Going forwards this experience will inform our actions should a similar situation arise again. Our community is welcoming, creative and forgiving and when we stand together we have the combined power to move markets, elevate the maddest creators who have the most incredible ideas and advance the state of the art that is the small form factor enthusiast scene. This has been an unfortunate situation and it absolutely is not representative of the vast majority of indie vendors who have a presence here. However, this is also the end of it, no one gets to walk away from this feeling like they got a win, not the SFFn team, SFFtech, his customers or the community as a whole. Its time to bookend what has come to pass and move forwards to make things better.

Edited: for typos & clarity

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.