Production SFFTEC Shipping Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dem0nflare

Trash Compacter
Jul 5, 2020
all black 80+ Gold 500W
If it's the "Flex Guru FSP500-50FDB" it is just the FSP500-50FDB in black. I was planning to replace my painted black w/ modded fan FSP500-50FDB with this modded Enhance 7660B (could not find in my region un-modded), because the coil whine is so loud. The fan is also placed on the inside, so if you don't have a hole right next to it (like the k39 or S3, the Geek A30 does not) for air it gets very hot causing the fan to ramp up. Just a head's up if anyone want's to do that after waiting so long. I still got a month till 6 months so i might wait till end of July myself.

..."Anecdotal evidence" ... you would not happen to know the fan model?

JohnCA

Average Stuffer
Dec 2, 2018
Based on some reviews, the ENP 7660 seems to still be the best Flex psu on the market right now. I also don't trust Taobao units, as they are not factory customized like this. I just hope @SFFTEC ships before the month ends as promised...

MuglyFace

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 10, 2019
Hi all,

Unfortunately I'm in the same situation as many of you. Ordered back in December and have been going back and forth with sfftec over email since. after 6 months my paypal protection was about to end so I opened up a case with paypal in hopes that i could extend my protection for a short while, considering I never had any prior experience from this seller, I wanted to stay on the safe side. Especially considering that sfftec was promising to ship very soon I thought it wouldnt be a problem, and I'd close the case as soon as I received the PSU. Long story short, I never got the PSU as you all could have guessed and paypal refunded me. I've been reaching out to ask if i can just resubmit the payment and I've been getting zero response. I've waited over 7 months for this and at this point I have no idea if I'm even getting it.

@SFFTEC, i sent you a PM. Would appreciate a respnonse.

For the other folks here that ordered in Dec, did you guys just let your PayPal protection end?

MOTHMAN

Cable Smoosher
Jan 7, 2020
would like to know what the community thinks of this 550W modular Flex PSU [ rated 80 Plus Gold ] ,which is $93 with free shipping ?? - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000276128879.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.7f5e3c00UXpXhN&mp=1

my thoughts were that if SFFTEC or someone else could paint it black color, at a reasonable price, it might be even with an Enhance model, in terms of value.

what does the community think ??
Do not buy this. I've just received it two days ago from this seller https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000507011919.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.59b84c4d6qb352

...And it dosen't work. During a full GPU stresstest (only a Gigabyte 1070 ITX card, which is around 150W TDP) the power supply crashes the whole pc and restarts. Maybe it overheats in my K39, but my Silverstone 350W FlexATX never complained! Looking to hear back from AliExpress regarding the failure.

I guess the fan noise is tolerant enough. If the seller won't reimburse me, then I'll try and turn the fan as a outtake instead of intake.

RogueLeader

Average Stuffer
Oct 11, 2017
Do not buy this. I've just received it two days ago from this seller https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000507011919.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.59b84c4d6qb352

...And it dosen't work. During a full GPU stresstest (only a Gigabyte 1070 ITX card, which is around 150W TDP) the power supply crashes the whole pc and restarts. Maybe it overheats in my K39, but my Silverstone 350W FlexATX never complained! Looking to hear back from AliExpress regarding the failure.

I guess the fan noise is tolerant enough. If the seller won't reimburse me, then I'll try and turn the fan as a outtake instead of intake.

post moved to another thread.

Last edited:

DoINeedAName

Efficiency Noob
Feb 19, 2020
I've placed my order mid to late June and I'm since regularly checking this thread for updates.

Recently this thread has turned into people complaining and telling their story of how they didn't receive the PSU yet (like most of us) or discussing other products.
Don't get me wrong. I encourage constructive criticism, especially when it is needed like here with this absolutely catastrophic communication over the past months. This was supposed to be a thread for Updates.
In my opinion, if your story adds no new insights or useful criticism to the situation, it doesn't belong here.
The same goes for other products. Find a fitting thread or create a new one.

TommyCheeseBurger

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 17, 2020
I've placed my order mid to late June and I'm since regularly checking this thread for updates.

Recently this thread has turned into people complaining and telling their story of how they didn't receive the PSU yet (like most of us) or discussing other products.
Don't get me wrong. I encourage constructive criticism, especially when it is needed like here with this absolutely catastrophic communication over the past months. This was supposed to be a thread for Updates.
In my opinion, if your story adds no new insights or useful criticism to the situation, it doesn't belong here.
Good point; can someone point to the most recent status? I've seen some quotes about shipping late July; could someone point to the post # or copy/paste the quote.

Reactions: Y2Kmeltdown

DoINeedAName

Efficiency Noob
Feb 19, 2020
Good point; can someone point to the most recent status? I've seen some quotes about shipping late July; could someone point to the post # or copy/paste the quote.
Here you go:
UPDATE: I shipped a few more units last Friday, and am pretty confident everyone will get their orders in hands by the end of this month.
I'll also reply to some pending emails by tomorrow, and keep you updated here.
# 64 from July 13

gray-scale

Case Bender
New User
Feb 22, 2019

I’m also a late June orderer and from what I’ve gathered in this thread there is no way I’m getting this psu. Received a order confirmation and order number today coincidentally right after I contacted him through PayPal about a refund. The order number is 10401 which based on. Another users post he started at 10001. Maybe all the items on his shop share this ordering scheme but even still there were only 40 units available over 6 months ago. What I’m trying to get at is the fact that I have no trust for this seller and had I seen a thread that looks like this before I ordered I definitely would have passed up this psu. The discontent and complaints help create transparency for a guy who literally has an item still up for sale that he’s not delivering on.

Reactions: iFight4Pi

habanebro

Chassis Packer
Jul 4, 2020
I’m also a late June orderer and from what I’ve gathered in this thread there is no way I’m getting this psu. Received a order confirmation and order number today coincidentally right after I contacted him through PayPal about a refund. The order number is 10401 which based on. Another users post he started at 10001. Maybe all the items on his shop share this ordering scheme but even still there were only 40 units available over 6 months ago. What I’m trying to get at is the fact that I have no trust for this seller and had I seen a thread that looks like this before I ordered I definitely would have passed up this psu. The discontent and complaints help create transparency for a guy who literally has an item still up for sale that he’s not delivering on.

Yeah, me too. I ordered late June too and just today I got a confirmation for order 10400. The communication from the seller has been terrible. Hope he gives an update soon.

JohnCA

Average Stuffer
Dec 2, 2018
The discontent and complaints help create transparency for a guy who literally has an item still up for sale that he’s not delivering on.
I did some search and it looks like this guy has been delivering the psu since 2019 (link). So Im not worried about not getting it but I agree that the communication is terrible. Lets see how it goes in the next few days

Last edited:

THeRoSSMaCHiNE

Cable Smoosher
Sep 25, 2019
My confirmation number is 10312, second time ordering (first order was not accepted by the vendor in March) dated May 27. I like many others haven't heard much from SFFTEC regarding my shipping date, or status update, but I had a 5-6 email chain early April with him regarding my first order, and it feels like he's doing his best. I'll hang it out for a few more weeks, and evaluate the situation then. He's promised a few different dates, but the photo seeing them in the warehouse is at least 2 steps closer than any of us have been so far, and the tester's have actually got theirs. Can't be too far away for the rest of the faithful.. Surely.....

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
My confirmation number is 10312, second time ordering (first order was not accepted by the vendor in March) dated May 27. I like many others haven't heard much from SFFTEC regarding my shipping date, or status update, but I had a 5-6 email chain early April with him regarding my first order, and it feels like he's doing his best. I'll hang it out for a few more weeks, and evaluate the situation then. He's promised a few different dates, but the photo seeing them in the warehouse is at least 2 steps closer than any of us have been so far, and the tester's have actually got theirs. Can't be too far away for the rest of the faithful.. Surely.....

By the way, the "warehouse" photo shows only 10 units. Coincidentally, same amount of units was sent to the "testers".

iFight4Pi

Chassis Packer
Jan 19, 2020
By the way, the "warehouse" photo shows only 10 units. Coincidentally, same amount of units was sent to the "testers".

Good observation...holy shit now I'm really starting to think SFFTEC actually doesn't have all the PSUs and has been lying to us this whole time about "shipped a few more units"

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
Good observation...holy shit now I'm really starting to think SFFTEC actually doesn't have all the PSUs and has been lying to us this whole time about "shipped a few more units"

Just to be on the positive side of things:
The PSU from the original SFFTEC post has serial #ENP7660010202200153

So probably there are more than 10 units :)

Last edited:

SFFTEC

Average Stuffer
Original poster
SFFTEC
Nov 17, 2019
www.sfftec.com
UPDATE: Still on course to ship most PSU orders by the end of this month, tracking numbers should be sent next week. Orders that include the P50 case will take an extra week, unfortunately.

interesting
Please stop... Despite the unexpected delays and poor communication (I apologize again), I have nothing to hide:

Edit: just to clarify, the first two pictures are the PSUs individually packed now, which took a few days to do. And the two last ones are from when they got received some weeks ago.

Last edited:

kai535

Chassis Packer
Jul 14, 2020
Can my order be canceled Order No. 10376 ? This is taking to long and I ordered a Fsp instead

Status
Not open for further replies.