Production SFFTEC Shipping Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

prescben

Chassis Packer
Apr 9, 2020
Glad to see its going to be a good unit. Still waiting for mine that I ordered in December. Seeing people praise SFFTEC after their awful treatment of customers is mindblowing!
I think that you are conflating people being happy with the product with being happy with the purchase experience. Those of us that got the test units (so far at least) seem to like the units. We are reporting back that we like the units and that they are working as advertised so far. I am definitely happy with the product. However, that likely won't change the fact that the experience was atrocious for many customers.

In my real life, this is par for the course. A lot of the vendors I work with have top notch products. Some of the best that I can get. And they are absolutely HORRIBLE to work with. For me, the product is worth the hassle as my customers can tell how good the product is, and I hide from them the hell that went into obtaining it :)

Edited for clarity

OlliBolle

Chassis Packer
Jan 14, 2020
I think that you are conflating people being happy with the product with being happy with the purchase experience. Those of us that got the test units (so far at least) seem to like the units. We are reporting back that we like the units and that they are working as advertised so far. I am definitely happy with the product. However, that likely won't change the fact that the experience was atrocious for many customers.

In my real life, this is par for the course. A lot of the vendors I work with have top notch products. Some of the best that I can get. And they are absolutely HORRIBLE to work with. For me, the product is worth the hassle as my customers can tell how good the product is, and I hide from them the hell that went into obtaining it :)

Edited for clarity

You have a good point and I understand that awkward vendors are a thing but most of the complaints aren't due to the things out of SFFTEC's control (delays etc). The bad experience many of us have had stems from the absence of communication and the fact we were mislead into a group buy, as well as the almost callous attitude / tone of the eventual responses just ticked everyone off. It's disheartening to see people defending them but I digress. This thread is about updates and I'm being too negative :p Venters gonna vent.

Dem0nflare

Trash Compacter
Jul 5, 2020
You have a good point and I understand that awkward vendors are a thing but most of the complaints aren't due to the things out of SFFTEC's control (delays etc). The bad experience many of us have had stems from the absence of communication and the fact we were mislead into a group buy, as well as the almost callous attitude / tone of the eventual responses just ticked everyone off. It's disheartening to see people defending them but I digress. This thread is about updates and I'm being too negative :p Venters gonna vent.
The website did say a June batch and it's only been 12 days into July... He said we would get a update in 10 days last Tuesday so we should get one at the end of the week. Most Itx case's i'v bought do a batch order so its not unusual with these specialized products.

SFFTEC

Average Stuffer
Original poster
SFFTEC
Nov 17, 2019
www.sfftec.com
their awful treatment of customers is mindblowing
I understand you, and am thankful that some customers like you are waiting for over 6 months despite everything. Just note that this wasn't with bad intentions, I did my best with the very short free time I had in the past months due to recent events. If I continue the company like I'm planning, I'll definetely hire a part-time employee next month to help me deal with customers, I apologize.

UPDATE: I shipped a few more units last Friday, and am pretty confident everyone will get their orders in hands by the end of this month.
I'll also reply to some pending emails by tomorrow, and keep you updated here.

Last edited:

Loudiddly

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 13, 2020
The website did say a June batch and it's only been 12 days into July... He said we would get a update in 10 days last Tuesday so we should get one at the end of the week. Most Itx case's i'v bought do a batch order so its not unusual with these specialized products.
No. You do not get to say that because "the website said June and we're only halfway into the next month that the delay really isn't that bad". This product was advertised as in stock, available, and ready to ship almost nine months ago. People were told it would arrive before Christmas. There was never any mention of this being a fundraising effort for a group buy. I'm not upset about the fact that it turned out to be a group buy, but the false advertising, scattered communication, and constant delays, yes, some of which were entirely out of anyone's control, are not things that I can brush off. I appreciate that there was someone willing to take the risk in creating a niche product for an already niche hobby, and I am glad that they are making sure we will receive a quality item, but I strongly disagree with your remarks.

iFight4Pi

Chassis Packer
Jan 19, 2020

You have no idea how long people like myself have been waiting for this product. The website says June batch now, but when I ordered early December last year the website promised "Lead time: 10-15 days". There was never any indication this was a pre-order, we've have sat through delay after delay and zero communication at all even before COVID was a thing. If you want proof, just have a look at the fiasco in the original thread here: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...om-600w-flex-atx-psu.11896/page-4#post-181756

I'm glad to see SFFTEC learning from their mistakes, being more active, and actually communicating, but to be honest given their track record and how many delays have happened, I highly doubt I'll see the PSU I ordered over 7 months ago arrive before August at the earliest. I know we're going through unprecedented times right now, but that just makes me even less confident in SFFTEC's ability to deliver on time. But kudos to SFFTEC for soldiering through all the complaints from myself and others, delays out of their control, and providing this very unique niche product; I hope they can learn from this experience and do better in the future.

Some feedback for @SFFTEC: I know we criticized your mass emails and forum silence 6 months ago when the delays first started, but now it seems like you've gone in the opposite direction. You've been mostly responsive to my individual emails and you're active on the forums which is good, but I had no idea what was going on or why my PSU hadn't shipped in June like promised until I emailed you and you directed me to this thread. I think it would save you a lot of headache having to respond to individual emails if you sent out mass emails like before, giving everyone the same updates you're giving in this thread.

kai535

Chassis Packer
Jul 14, 2020
On June 16 it was posted that these units were ready to ship the following Tuesday and since then I haven't had a email update and its going on a month.. should I be expecting my two psu anytime soon or just order something from taobao at this point?

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
On June 16 it was posted that these units were ready to ship the following Tuesday and since then I haven't had a email update and its going on a month.. should I be expecting my two psu anytime soon or just order something from taobao at this point?

SFFTEC decided to do a "test shipping" to some testers first and then send PSUs in batches, as I got it.

SYS64738

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 15, 2020
Hello there, I also ordered the PSU back in december and did not hear anything from SFFTEC in a long while. I stumbled upon this thread by chance and would really appreciate if SFFTEC would finally start shipping those psus, starting with the people who financed his group buy effort in the first place.

Demosthenes

Case Bender
New User
Jul 17, 2020
Hey guys.

Thanks for the reviews. Just a few left now, but everything seem good!
On my end it's 90% done, and I should be able to ship all remaining orders at once, in the next 10 days.
After it's done, I'll announce another batch that is planned to ship on end of August.
I appreciate the patience, and I'll keep you updated.

Regards

Perhaps I don't have the authority to do this. Anyways, here are a few pieces of advice that I have for you, @SFFTEC :
  1. Underpromise and overdeliver. I, and many of the other Enhance PSU buyers here and on the SFFPC subreddit, are losing our patience and trust not just because this shipment is taking so long. Rather, time and time again you have broken your promises to people who have each put their trust in you by buying this product. I'm not gonna go through all of the examples, but one notable instance is when you promised on r/SFFPC that you would have them shipped by June 23. Another one is right above, where you promised to have them shipped by today. I stand by everyone else's critiques and frustrations of you, because of your tendency to overpromise and underdeliver.
  2. Be more accountable and transparent. You've missed many deadlines that you've set for yourself, without giving (in my opinion) sufficient reasons for missing them. The "10 initial testers" thing is acceptable, though, and I appreciate you doing that. However, we didn't know what happened when you missed other deadlines (like the one for today). Was there some unforseeable setback? If yes, then please tell us and we will be sympathetic. If no, then apologize and say outright that there was no valid reason for missing the deadline. That is how accountability works.
"COVID-19" is not an acceptable excuse, because the world is still spinning, other small businesses are still able to deliver their products, and I'm still working both of my jobs since it happened. If it really was COVID-19, that led to the delay, then tell us as specifically as possible what is causing the setback. Did you have to relocate? Family emergency? Dealing with personal issues? Were you understaffed? In all honesty, you should have mentioned that you were understaffed earlier, as I'm sure at least someone would have been interested in working a gig for you and taking some of the burden off.

Again, I don't care if I'm sounding pedantic, or if I'm breaking any forum rules. I'm merely saying what needs to be said on behalf of all the other buyers that didn't expect this entire ordeal.

SFFTEC

Average Stuffer
Original poster
SFFTEC
Nov 17, 2019
www.sfftec.com
Thank you for the feedbacks, I'll definetely try to improve.
Constructive comments like these are welcome, instead of menacing unnecessary ones I had in the past.
I want all orders to be shipped asap as much as all of you, trust me...

A few more orders will be shipped later today, and all should be shipped/delivered by the end of this month, as said on last update.

Last edited:

TommyCheeseBurger

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 17, 2020
Thank you for the feedbacks, I'll definitely try to improve.
Constructive comments like these are welcome, instead of menacing unnecessary ones I had in the past.
I want all orders to be shipped asap as much as all of you, trust me...

A few more orders will be shipped later today, and all should be shipped/delivered by the end of this month, as said on last update.
I'm going the opposite direction from @[B]Demosthenes[/B]; good write up! that is how I do my employee review at work, however this situation is growing obnoxious and significant transparency is now required. How many units were ordered, how many where committed, what is meant by "a few more orders will be shipped later today" --is three a few? Trying is not enough. Excuses are not adequate. Vague commitments are not acceptable.

@SFFTEC this is an unacceptable situation. I'll accept a group-buy and lengthy lead times, if communicated, but this bologna of 'a few more days' and 'soon' are not acceptable. If you are sitting on a pile of high quality un-shipped PSUs I do suspect you'll sell them and make money but stringing along customers is not a recipe for a long term business.

lostsupper

Caliper Novice
Jul 17, 2020
I understand you, and am thankful that some customers like you are waiting for over 6 months despite everything. Just note that this wasn't with bad intentions, I did my best with the very short free time I had in the past months due to recent events. If I continue the company like I'm planning, I'll definetely hire a part-time employee next month to help me deal with customers, I apologize.

UPDATE: I shipped a few more units last Friday, and am pretty confident everyone will get their orders in hands by the end of this month.
I'll also reply to some pending emails by tomorrow, and keep you updated here.

Is this the fifth or sixth time you've pushed back the delivery date with zero explanation? I'm happy for the people that finally received their orders as "testers," but I don't believe you'll be able to fill the remainder of your orders in a reasonable time frame.

Why didn't you test ten of the units yourself upon receipt and ship everyone's order?

iFight4Pi

Chassis Packer
Jan 19, 2020
Why didn't you test ten of the units yourself upon receipt and ship everyone's order?

The more I think about it the more pissed I get. I can see how it's reasonable to want to make sure there aren't any issues in a variety of builds before sending all the PSUs out...but why did SFFTEC send PSUs to the first respondents that happened to know about this thread and respond in time, rather than asking the ones who've been waiting the longest first?

One of the testers ordered the PSU in March and was able to get the test unit. I'm happy for them and good on them for taking pictures and reporting back, but meanwhile myself and the others in the first thread here who ordered this PSU last year are still waiting. Has anyone who's not a tester gotten any shipping notification at all?

I can't have been one of the last ones to order given that I ordered all the way back in December 2019, yet here we are in July 2020, a month after these were supposed to ship in June, with "just shipped a few more units" updates every few days from SFFTEC I still haven't gotten any tracking email at all. The fact that no one has said they got their tracking email is deeply concerning to me, especially since SFFTEC claimed they were "90% done" back in early July:

Hey guys.

Thanks for the reviews. Just a few left now, but everything seem good!
On my end it's 90% done, and I should be able to ship all remaining orders at once, in the next 10 days.
After it's done, I'll announce another batch that is planned to ship on end of August.
I appreciate the patience, and I'll keep you updated.

Regards

I'm going to sound salty here (because I am), but it just seems like it makes good business sense to first placate those who've been funding and waiting for this whole thing from the start. I get that SFFTEC is a one-man operation and might be busy with other things, but with limited time and resources wouldn't it make sense to start shipping to those who ordered earliest? What happened to first in, first out? I find it hard to believe that I would be in the last 10% of people who ordered this PSU given that, again, I gave my money to SFFTEC all the way back in early December last year.

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2019
Same,
The more I think about it the more pissed I get. I can see how it's reasonable to want to make sure there aren't any issues in a variety of builds before sending all the PSUs out...but why did SFFTEC send PSUs to the first respondents that happened to know about this thread and respond in time, rather than asking the ones who've been waiting the longest first?

One of the testers ordered the PSU in March and was able to get the test unit. I'm happy for them and good on them for taking pictures and reporting back, but meanwhile myself and the others in the first thread here who ordered this PSU last year are still waiting. Has anyone who's not a tester gotten any shipping notification at all?

I can't have been one of the last ones to order given that I ordered all the way back in December 2019, yet here we are in July 2020, a month after these were supposed to ship in June, with "just shipped a few more units" updates every few days from SFFTEC I still haven't gotten any tracking email at all. The fact that no one has said they got their tracking email is deeply concerning to me, especially since SFFTEC claimed they were "90% done" back in early July:

I'm going to sound salty here (because I am), but it just seems like it makes good business sense to first placate those who've been funding and waiting for this whole thing from the start. I get that SFFTEC is a one-man operation and might be busy with other things, but with limited time and resources wouldn't it make sense to start shipping to those who ordered earliest? What happened to first in, first out? I find it hard to believe that I would be in the last 10% of people who ordered this PSU given that, again, I gave my money to SFFTEC all the way back in early December last year.

Kinda agree. I was order number #10001 (first one to buy? lmao) back in November and have received none of the update emails nor a shipping notification.

Reactions: iFight4Pi and Light

lostsupper

Caliper Novice
Jul 17, 2020
I'd encourage verybody who ordered through PayPal to check their purchase date. PayPal allows returns six months from date of order. Your credit card company should also be able to reverse the charge.

To anyone else looking for a quality sffpc-appropriate flex-ATX PSU, FSP just released an all black 80+ Gold 500W unit. Anecdotal evidence suggests the fan is quieter than the Enhance 7660B.

Status
Not open for further replies.