Prebuilt [SFFn] ASRock's DeskMini A300 - Finally!

SanityKlaus

Cable Smoosher
Jul 2, 2020
I don't have a Deskmini and I'm waiting for the new one.
Do you think there is space inside for an Epp-120S-12?
Just above the the ssd?

Even if you are able to fit it there it would be too much heat for the unit. Everything would throttle like crazy, especially the NVME if you use the slot located under your Epp-120S-12.

westdam

Chassis Packer
Jun 22, 2020
hi, i'm working on a deskmini a300, 3400g, 3400mhz ballistix ddr4 16gb, and a 1tb crucial bx500 with linuxmint 20 cinnamon with no problem.
i've got a question : in the bios i can set more than 2gb to vram size. is it real or not? now i've got 4gb to vram, and 12gb ram availlable to the system. is it correct? i can set as ram as i want? i believe there was the 2gb limits

SanityKlaus

Cable Smoosher
Jul 2, 2020
hi, i'm working on a deskmini a300, 3400g, 3400mhz ballistix ddr4 16gb, and a 1tb crucial bx500 with linuxmint 20 cinnamon with no problem.
i've got a question : in the bios i can set more than 2gb to vram size. is it real or not? now i've got 4gb to vram, and 12gb ram availlable to the system. is it correct? i can set as ram as i want? i believe there was the 2gb limits

It doesn't matter how much VRAM you assign, the GPU takes as much as it needs when it needs it. The only point for reserving 2GB is so that some games don't refuse to run because they think that you don't have enough VRAM available.

Trilby

Efficiency Noob
Feb 16, 2020
The 4700G, 4600G and 4300G are official

Reactions: Curiosity

rubicoin

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 12, 2020
is this the point where i should buy a used 3400g for ‎€90? i thought i could still have a retail 4600g/4700g in august to replace my 2200g. but now it seems wccftech.com got it right: no renoir for the crowd till fall/winter. and also no word from asrock about zen2 in deskmini :( maybe that 3.60H beta bios going stable will bring us 4000G series support?

Last edited:

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I'm with you on that, they lost a customer ...
They haven't (yet) in me simply because there are no other options for what I want - my choice now becomes either getting a 3200G/3400G or nothing at all. Intel's iGPUs simply don't cut it - my HTPC needs some gaming capabilities, and a dGPU is out of the question even if something like an LP 1650 would be decent. Also I've got a custom-made CPU cooler bracket on the way that's AM4 only. But I've been waiting on this for close to a year already, and I'm getting really frustrated. How hard would it be to pull off a limited retail run? Considering how happy it would make a(n admittedly small) group of people, this baffles me.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
They haven't (yet) in me simply because there are no other options for what I want - my choice now becomes either getting a 3200G/3400G or nothing at all. Intel's iGPUs simply don't cut it - my HTPC needs some gaming capabilities, and a dGPU is out of the question even if something like an LP 1650 would be decent. Also I've got a custom-made CPU cooler bracket on the way that's AM4 only. But I've been waiting on this for close to a year already, and I'm getting really frustrated. How hard would it be to pull off a limited retail run? Considering how happy it would make a(n admittedly small) group of people, this baffles me.

I feel the pain. I've been following this for months now and even been checking those APU news everyday, several times a day for over a month ... I was so hyped yesterday when I saw "officialized" in an article then the frustration train, followed by the disapointment trucks, rolled on me, spreading my hype and hope on the ground in the process.

ShamedGod

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2019
Everyone who doesn't wait will likely be filled with regret... I have an entire system waiting on the 4700G to build. Felling the frustration with y'all

Edit: The idea was to get a system up and ready for ZEN3 and the new GPUs coming out in the fall and hopefully move the 4700G to the A300.

Last edited:

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I won't have regret, the iGPU was just a bonus. Intel HD630 is more than enough for me lol. Also to compare to a GTX950 they OC RAM to 4200MHz, Infinity fabric to 2100MHz, iGPU to 2.4GHz, raised volatge to 1.34V and used 240mm AIO (or NH-D15 with liquid metal) to keep things at 74C ... not for me lol.

Reactions: Curiosity

SanityKlaus

Cable Smoosher
Jul 2, 2020
Some retailers in Europe are already accepting orders for the Pro versions of Renoir:

And, once again, it looks like the regular versions will be available for everyone next month.

Reactions: rubicoin

Hammerfest

Trash Compacter
Jul 15, 2019
Per the other Deskmini thread, the newly released BIOS 3.60L for the A300 supports the 4000G APUS!

Literally did my weekly check for BIOS and saw this was ComboPI v2. not v1
Thus, 4000G APU support.

@ASRock System consider me sold on X300 if this kind of support continues

CAUTION: This CANNOT be stated loud enough, READ THE WARNING!!
"*This BIOS doesn't support Bristol Ridge APU, please DO NOT update the BIOS if you install the Bristol Ridge APU on the system. "

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Heck yeah! And on top of that he got the new idcooling heatsink (right?)

Awesome!!!

rubicoin

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 12, 2020

Some benchmarks. I used Google translator.

so in the end 4600g could be the sweet spot for a300? because of the higher price and the power limitation of the board 4700g might end up being a waste of money and cpu performance.

Last edited: