Photo Credit -Arctic Cooling

Arctic Cooling may have answered the calls of many SFF enthusiasts by announcing their new 16mm thick 140mm fan aptly named the P14 Slim PWM PST. The new fan has a maximum speed of 1800 RPM, and is optimized for high pressure setups such as radiator mounting. Arctic states that the P14 Slim features their "Arctic Motor" which they claim reduced vibration substantially over other motors, and runs cooler. Here are the stats for the fan:

It's good to see manufactures beginning to move more and more into the 140mm fan territory as 120mm is starting to become just too small. Newer CPUs are putting out a lot more heat, and 280mm AIOs as well as 140mm case fans are becoming more and more necessary to keep them from overheating. Slim fans are an often overlooked segment, but are very valuable to SFF users who are filling every mm of the case.

CLICK HERE to visit the Arctic Cooling P14 Slim website.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
This is great, finally a promising slim 140mm option. Arctic has good distribution, great quality and fantastic pricing too, so this could hardly be better. Hopefully someone will get their hands on these to test at some point :)

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
Another review, that does test this within a RL situation, i.e. as radiator fans on the Arctic Liquid Freezer II (direct link to the test results):

Turns out, its just 1° C difference to the regular Arctic P14 PWM PST.
Considering them as a fallback option for my build - as I've planned to go with the very same radiator, but height measurements are reeeeeally tight with the default P14, which are 27 mm (38 mm + 27 = 65 mm, and there is about 67 mm space).

cu, w0lf.

Reactions: Valantar