SFF.Network [SFF Forum] Logic Supply CL100 System Review

Logic Supply is know for making high-quality industrial products. Lately, however, they’ve released some cases and systems that fit into the consumer space as well. The most recent example of this: the CL100, their latest NUC-style aluminum and steel fanless PC. The ruggedized mini system aims to work either as an HTPC, or industrial workstation computer. All in a neat and tidy profile.

The CL100 is powered by Intel’s latest 4-Core Celeron N3150 Braswell processor. It features dual RAM slots, and room for one mSATA drive...

Read more here.

Reactions: Phuncz and jØrd

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Great review!

I agree that the N3150 isn't really built for gaming, however the HD Graphics do have some 3D ability and can handle classic games like Half Life 2 and Team Fortress 2 at a playable level.

I put together an FPS comparison between common iGPU's when Skylake first came out, I can't seem to embed this interactive chart into the post, so instead here is a link to the page:

System Frames per Second Comparison

You can see that the N3150 struggles at 1080p with most games, but it puts in a decent effort at 720p with a few of the less demanding games.

Bottom line is, for a low powered chip that runs fanless/silent, it does a decent job of playing older games if you don't mind playing at below 720p.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Personnally i prefer going to asrock mb with n3700 passively cooled in a mini box m350 for pure media center needs...and it's upgradable..:)