[SFF Forum] Logic Supply CL100 System Review

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Editorial Staff
Feb 22, 2015
Logic Supply is know for making high-quality industrial products. Lately, however, they’ve released some cases and systems that fit into the consumer space as well. The most recent example of this: the CL100, their latest NUC-style aluminum and steel fanless PC. The ruggedized mini system aims to work either as an HTPC, or industrial workstation computer. All in a neat and tidy profile.

The CL100 is powered by Intel’s latest 4-Core Celeron N3150 Braswell processor. It features dual RAM slots, and room for one mSATA drive...
Read more here.

Reactions: Phuncz and jØrd

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Bronze Supporter
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Great review!

I agree that the N3150 isn't really built for gaming, however the HD Graphics do have some 3D ability and can handle classic games like Half Life 2 and Team Fortress 2 at a playable level.

I put together an FPS comparison between common iGPU's when Skylake first came out, I can't seem to embed this interactive chart into the post, so instead here is a link to the page:

System Frames per Second Comparison

You can see that the N3150 struggles at 1080p with most games, but it puts in a decent effort at 720p with a few of the less demanding games.

Bottom line is, for a low powered chip that runs fanless/silent, it does a decent job of playing older games if you don't mind playing at below 720p.

MarcParis

Shrink Way Wielder
Apr 1, 2016
Personnally i prefer going to asrock mb with n3700 passively cooled in a mini box m350 for pure media center needs...and it's upgradable..:)

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Bronze Supporter
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
That is true about upgradeability, but then the M350 is 5x bigger than the CL100! So it depends on what your priority is.