GPU SFF 4070 Models

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
I tried to do some research and see if I can find some similar PCBs and I can safely say two things:

1. Most manufacturers re-use the exact same PCB for everything from 4070 upto 4070 Ti Super, so any 4070 cooler should fit on a 4070Ti Super card of the same manufacturer. This isn't useful though because Inno3d and MSI offer 4070Ti Supers with the smallest coolers out of the box.
2. This PCB is very likely also based on such a "standard" design. It has room for 8 memory pads which only makes sense for a 4070Ti Super chip. However, the spacing on the holes for the heatsink is different from any 4070 PCB I have seen (the holes are closer together). I suspect this spacing is the standard for 4060/Ti PCBs, allowing them to re-use a 4060 cooler with a 4070 GPU.

So unlikely this cooler can be used with other 4070s... but some madman with crazy SMB soldering skills could transplant a 4070Ti Super die, memory pads and maybe some other components on this board and I suspect it could work in theory.

Reactions: SFFMunkee

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Silver Supporter
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
I tried to do some research and see if I can find some similar PCBs and I can safely say two things:

1. Most manufacturers re-use the exact same PCB for everything from 4070 upto 4070 Ti Super, so any 4070 cooler should fit on a 4070Ti Super card of the same manufacturer. This isn't useful though because Inno3d and MSI offer 4070Ti Supers with the smallest coolers out of the box.
2. This PCB is very likely also based on such a "standard" design. It has room for 8 memory pads which only makes sense for a 4070Ti Super chip. However, the spacing on the holes for the heatsink is different from any 4070 PCB I have seen (the holes are closer together). I suspect this spacing is the standard for 4060/Ti PCBs, allowing them to re-use a 4060 cooler with a 4070 GPU.

So unlikely this cooler can be used with other 4070s... but some madman with crazy SMB soldering skills could transplant a 4070Ti Super die, memory pads and maybe some other components on this board and I suspect it could work in theory.
In terms of RTX 4070s, supposedly Inno3D is almost identical to the FE, except for the placement of the power connector (read about it in one of the watercooling threads on reddit; some ppl mentioned that one only needs to replace one standoff, and aside of that its "identical to the reference"). Apparently this is also true for the Super, Ti, and Ti Super.

cu, w0lf.