News MSI RTX 3070 Twin Fan - The most compact 3070 yet

MSI just launched a budget oriented RTX 3070 card that looks to be the most compact aftermarket 3070 yet. It's true dual slot, not wider than the PCIe bracket and at 230mm slightly shorter than that odd looking wide Zotac Twin Edge.

Product Page

I personaly love this simple understated design and it's a size that should fit effortlessly in many compact cases.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2020
looks like the cooler could have been even shorter..
The motherboard seems pure ITX length yes, but it's probably impossible to cool this 220W GPU with an even smaller cooler...

This card will probably benefit from some aggressive undervolt to keep temperatures and noise in check...

Reactions: rfarmer and Skripka

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
I do sincerely wonder if they're actually going to make any inventory of it; given Nvidia are openly talking about Ti cards in January...that ofc won't even have stock to buy either.

Nvidia seems to have thrown in the towel on Ampere 1, insofar as gaming: https://wccftech.com/nvidia-allegedly-sold-175-million-worth-ampere-geforce-rtx-30-gpus-to-miners/

Cute little card in the OP...it'll probably run as warm or moreso as my Asus 2070 DUAL MINI OC....which isn't bad, but it needs an aggressive annoying fan curve.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018

Interesting heatpipe design. There is another picture with a baseplate, which is good. It covers the die along with the VRAM. With only 6mm heatpipes, they are really leveraging the greater efficiency of the pass through design. In a sandwich case, you really need to ensure there is sufficient ariflow/exhaust.

I'm really curious about the PCB design. With an 8+6 pin, how close is it to the founders edition's single 12 pin (+8 pin adapter).