Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Christmas came early this year! Thanks Dr. Zaber!! What a masterpiece!

#0125 ready for some serious gaming! ?

Assembly was great fun, will have to optimize some wire routing but it performs nice so far!

Here is a quick timelapse of my build:
Cheers
Jan

It is so satisfying seeing, that someone is really using the manual :)

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019
Nice build @Treshy ! What's on that gpu, 92s and 40s? My board is still out of the case as I spend time messing with the memory when I have free time.
yes exactly, its 2x A9x14 and 2x A4x10 on an AsRock Challenger 5700 xt. The A9x14 both are the models from the L9i Noctua cooler, as they support higher RPMs than the "normal" A9x14.

dtagirov

Chassis Packer
Nov 28, 2019
over the past 5 years I have gone through many mini-itx format cases

I now have 7700k + 1080ti FE installed

in my experience using the previous version of this case, I can say that for 3 years with this case, I had no problems with dust, and when in day a year later after assembling I was going to clean, I expected to see there the usual amount of dust that was collected from me in others cases of different formats, large and small

but when I opened sentry - I saw almost nothing, everything was very clean; and I literally blew a couple of times with compressed air onto the noctua fan and into the video card fan; I did not have to do any other actions

I can 100% say that in this case there is some kind of Witcher magic that makes the dust stay away from this case, which is also from Poland - I have no other explanation; and any filters will be contraindicated and superfluous in this case. For me it is clear as a day, and tested over the years.

masteraleph

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 28, 2017
yes exactly, its 2x A9x14 and 2x A4x10 on an AsRock Challenger 5700 xt. The A9x14 both are the models from the L9i Noctua cooler, as they support higher RPMs than the "normal" A9x14.

You presumably already had them, but for what it's worth, you can buy the Chromax version with the L9i speeds (without the L9i cooler).

Reactions: Treshy

nph84

Chassis Packer
Jul 14, 2017
Thanks Dr. Zaber! What a beautiful case! It acts perfectly as my Living room gaming pc :)

- i9 9900k
- Asus Strix Z390-I Gaming
- 2x Corsair 16GB DDR4 3200
- EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition Gaming
- 1x Samsung EVO 960 250GB M.2
- 1x Corsair MP510 960GB M.2
- Corsair SF750
- Cryorig C7 Cu

How's the noise on the cryorig fan?

John Grimm

Cable Smoosher
Aug 21, 2019
A question for others.
What backpack have you guys been able to find for the case?
I want something i can put my Short keyboard, mouse and Tartarus in, so i can lug it around when needed.

Reactions: evil4dmin

Khio

Caliper Novice
Dec 16, 2019
Its bad. Real bad. I have the RGB version and i cannot wait for monday to arrive so i can change that. Its just too close to the ventilation. I'll change the fan and test it once i get the Cromax from Noctua.

The cooler itself is silent, but once you close the case... eiiii.

Keep us updated ! I temporarily fixed the noise problem by changing the fan speed curve and keeping the fan below 1200 rpm on my C7, i still have acceptable temperature, but if the Noctua fan is better i'll change too !

Reactions: Dustbunnyck

repdetect2

Efficiency Noob
Jul 30, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I completely missed out on ordering the case :( Will there be any chance to order one in the future or will I be waiting for version 3.0?

andy66

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2019
How's the noise on the cryorig fan?

Yeah, as John Grimm already said, it can get noisy. As i'm using the system in my living room with large atmos speakers, i don't realize it too much. The cooler itself is really great, but the fan is a bit of an issue. Before i tested with a noctua L9i, but as i'm using a 9900K, the noctua was too weak to get acceptable temperatures. So if there is a good alternative (fan) or even a easy mod for the case, please let us know :)

Dustbunnyck

Caliper Novice
Nov 10, 2019
Yeah, as John Grimm already said, it can get noisy. As i'm using the system in my living room with large atmos speakers, i don't realize it too much. The cooler itself is really great, but the fan is a bit of an issue. Before i tested with a noctua L9i, but as i'm using a 9900K, the noctua was too weak to get acceptable temperatures. So if there is a good alternative (fan) or even a easy mod for the case, please let us know :)
The Blackridge seems very good but compatibility with motherboards can be really a problem. My only guess is delid the 9900k and try to undervolt it

andy66

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2019
The Blackridge seems very good but compatibility with motherboards can be really a problem. My only guess is delid the 9900k and try to undervolt it

In terms of cooling performance, the C7 Cu is really good, only the noise is a downside. Do you mean the Blackridge is as good as the C7 Cu? I already undervolted my 9900K with an fffset, i got it some degrees down that way. Deliding is not an option for me, on the 9900K it is a bit too dangerous^^

Dustbunnyck

Caliper Novice
Nov 10, 2019
In terms of cooling performance, the C7 Cu is really good, only the noise is a downside. Do you mean the Blackridge is as good as the C7 Cu? I already undervolted my 9900K with an fffset, i got it some degrees down that way. Deliding is not an option for me, on the 9900K it is a bit too dangerous^^
I sent my 8086k to Silicon Lottery they do 9900k and will warranty it. Safer than doing it yourself especially with the 9900k. Blackridge is very good but overhangs a lot of stuff so could get in the way

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Pardon me if I’m wrong, but I thought it was minimal at best gains delidding the9900k as its soldered, compared to the pasted applications the previous few generations used?

andy66

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2019
I thought also, that delidding the 9900K give only a small Benefit in temperatures, but i might be wrong.
Regarding the cooler, the Blackridge is a 95W cooler, while the Cryorig is a 115W, which makes sense, because the Cu model is a full copper "block". I don't think the cooler is the issue, but the case airflow. I will test that by simply adding one or two 120mm fans on the outside of the CPU chamber and see, how much the CPU temps are benefit from that. At best, he fan on the Cryorig does no longer gets that loud / high rpm.