Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

GVLT

Cable Smoosher
Nov 20, 2019
Silverstone tundra is pretty okay but you can't rotate the pump freely on AM4, just two opposite directions.
Sadly, I'm quite limited by the amount of models on the market in Russia and there is no Silverstone Tundra or any asetek aio avaliable. Will I be able to fit Corsair CWCH60 or H60(2018) into Sentry?

skiphix

Caliper Novice
Jun 25, 2018
Sadly, I'm quite limited by the amount of models on the market in Russia and there is no Silverstone Tundra or any asetek aio avaliable. Will I be able to fit Corsair CWCH60 or H60(2018) into Sentry?
Maybe a custom loop with alphacool eisbear lt and a slim 120 rad?

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I regret changing my shipping address with the idea it would help expedite the process... b/c seeing others with their Sentry already before even receiving my shipping notification feelsbadman. I’m glad the reception has been very positive so far, though! I’ll just keep anxiously waiting for mine and hoping for the best!

HetBalderdier

Chassis Packer
Aug 1, 2017
Changing fan doesn't really help because it's the issue of fan blades being close to perforation and causing turbulence. Actually IMO C7's fan is less audible on it's own than noctua's 14mm fan because it has pretty unique frame, so changing it doesn't really make sense.

Would changing the fans and turning on eco mode (on a 3600) help with the turbulence noise?

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Would changing the fans and turning on eco mode (on a 3600) help with the turbulence noise?

I'm not sure. This will depend on the motherboard and the fan curve. I'm on Eco mode right now and I still reach 70 degrees while gaming, so I assume it ramps up to high RPMs, it's just that NH-L9i's fan is far from perforation. Maybe if using C7 CU/Graphene radiator will make it a lot cooler somehow, it'll let you have low RPMs all the time, but I doubt it since you need airflow to use the radiator efficiently.

I haven't tested the CU/G myself so I cannot be 100% sure, but literally every fan I have tried against the perforation has induced the turbulence, including small and big noctua fans. I have tested NH-L9i with 25 mm fan as well.

polarium

Trash Compacter
Aug 31, 2019
@SaperPL You should've shipped the remaining batch as of now, right?

I still haven't received any shipping info...
From the past campaign, it usually comes in waves. Like there is a 1st wave (not limited by region), 2nd wave, etc. depending on when you ordered it.

Also to any newbie builders (like me) who never built in an SFFPC: IF you have the cash, pay for custom cables! It’s extremely worth it in my opinion on small cases like these. My Zaber 1.1 is almost perfect, I’m just waiting for my custom cables so I don’t have to push in cables everywhere

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
@SaperPL You should've shipped the remaining batch as of now, right?
We never said that. We said that we will try to ship it around the end of this week. We're still waiting for the paperwork to be done and after that we will have to prepare each package for shipment by attaching the labels and invoices onto them and laying them out for easy scanning by DHL courier before loading.

The whole issue with the paperwork is that even with DHL you still have to decide on specific date for the package to be picked up, there's no option to print shipping labels with no specific date set for the shipment, so you have to gauge how much time it'll take for preparing invoices. Also for the customs clearance on our side we need invoice to be issued roughly at the same date as the shipment, we couldn't just issue and print all invoices ahead, the invoice and the customs clearance must be in the same month.

So in effect we are issuing batch of invoices, printing them and at the same time trying to gauge how much time it'll take to go through all paperwork and decide on a date to ship. And we have slipped up because for some reason there needs to be twice as much papers for export packages than it was when we were shipping a DHL test batch two years ago, and twice as much when we were shipping review samples earlier this year. This first shipment was unexpected race against time because of that and we don't want to do it like this again.

Reactions: Dustbunnyck

zustroy

Trash Compacter
Jun 19, 2018
@polarium

No. There are 3 waves. First passed last week (45%), second should be this week (40%) and the remaining are poor souls who changed their address. And it's not dependent on when you ordered it.

You weren't following this in details :)

zustroy

Trash Compacter
Jun 19, 2018
@SaperPL
Thanks for explanation. It seems we won't receive them in next 10 days or so.

So you need the same extensive paperwork when you send them within EU (Germany in my case)?

Reactions: Treshy

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
So you need the same extensive paperwork when you send them within EU (Germany in my case)?

Not really, but export packages are still greatly dominating the remaining orders to be shipped.

Last edited:

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
@polarium
...and the remaining are poor souls who changed their address.

I’m actually pretty irritated about this... If I would’ve known changing my address would’ve delayed getting my case by multiple weeks I wouldn’t have ever changed it. I switched from my home address to my business address b/c businesses get priority where I’m from, and I thought it would speed up the process. So much for that brilliant plan lol.

zustroy

Trash Compacter
Jun 19, 2018
Feel your pain.
We're all bit anxious to get those cases, we all expected them a month or so earlier.
My plans are already screwed up because of this waiting, but what can you do...

Reactions: Brude27

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Indeed, and fortunately we know that what we are getting is an amazing case that is every bit worth the wait. That just makes it even more difficult to be patient, though, haha!

polarium

Trash Compacter
Aug 31, 2019
@polarium

No. There are 3 waves. First passed last week (45%), second should be this week (40%) and the remaining are poor souls who changed their address. And it's not dependent on when you ordered it.

You weren't following this in details :)
oh wow i missed a lot hahaha, haven’t been back in a while i guess

vvv

Trash Compacter
Nov 1, 2018
I'm looking forward to seeing how many people flip their cases on eBay lmao.

I'm looking forward to giving my money to a flipper /s

Definitely not missing out on Sentry 3.0 or a Sentry 2.0 pt 2 lol; learned my lesson on procrastinating when backing things you want.

Dustbunnyck

Caliper Novice
Nov 10, 2019
I'm looking forward to giving my money to a flipper /s

Definitely not missing out on Sentry 3.0 or a Sentry 2.0 pt 2 lol; learned my lesson on procrastinating when backing things you want.
LOL yeah I hear ya. Would definitely back the next project even the one after that