Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

dtagirov

Chassis Packer
Nov 28, 2019
Hey guys, while we all wait, we demand from those who have already received more photos and impressions ).
It will be especially interesting to read those who already had a previous version of the case, and for whom it was an update to a new revision of the case ).

Talyrius

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2018
Did you get a email from DHL about the shipping?
Yes, I received my first shipment notification email from DHL on Tue, Nov 26th at 10:56 PM (UTC-8). I also received a text message the following morning (7:16 AM).

EDIT:
Provided more detailed information.

Last edited:

Azeas

Efficiency Noob
Oct 28, 2019
Just a word of caution for anyone planing to use the Alpenfohn Black Ridge with an AMD motherboard. I've just received it together with my other parts and the included AMD brackets from the Black Ridge really do not fit. The ends are too big and will touch the motherboards components. Using the Gigabyte Aorus x570 I pro wifi. Problem is that they included adjustable brackets that are supposed to fit AM3 and AM4...but wil not fit most ITX AM4 boards I would say. I've bought the BR here in the Netherlands but I've emailed the support from Alpenfohn directly so that they will hopefully quickly send me new brackets.

Still waiting on my Sentry, but I suppose it will not be too long now befor it will arrive, hopefully next week.

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019
Just a word of caution for anyone planing to use the Alpenfohn Black Ridge with an AMD motherboard. I've just received it together with my other parts and the included AMD brackets from the Black Ridge really do not fit. The ends are too big and will touch the motherboards components. Using the Gigabyte Aorus x570 I pro wifi. Problem is that they included adjustable brackets that are supposed to fit AM3 and AM4...but wil not fit most ITX AM4 boards I would say. I've bought the BR here in the Netherlands but I've emailed the support from Alpenfohn directly so that they will hopefully quickly send me new brackets.

Still waiting on my Sentry, but I suppose it will not be too long now befor it will arrive, hopefully next week.

I'm currently using the black ridge on my x570i aorus from gigabyte. I bought the cooler used from a youtuber that had the new bracket only for am4 included. I think he contacted alpenföhn and they sent it to him. this bracket doesn't collide with any components on the board. Maybe you will receive a am4 bracket as well when you contact alpenföhn. It not, something like a Dremel is your only option (cut off the part of the am3+/am4 bracket that is in the way)

Azeas

Efficiency Noob
Oct 28, 2019
I'm currently using the black ridge on my x570i aorus from gigabyte. I bought the cooler used from a youtuber that had the new bracket only for am4 included. I think he contacted alpenföhn and they sent it to him. this bracket doesn't collide with any components on the board. Maybe you will receive a am4 bracket as well when you contact alpenföhn. It not, something like a Dremel is your only option (cut off the part of the am3+/am4 bracket that is in the way)

Indeed, I remember you got your brackets from a youtuber. Sure I could cut of the pieces. It’s not a nice solution, but it would do the trick for sure. Let’s see though what Alpenföhn replies.

Really looking forward to completing this build! I bet this combination will be worth it :)

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017

I remember that someone on reddit asked them for the brackets for v2 and iirc it wasn't free or just pennies for it. Not cool, especially since that's their mistake they did include AM3 support that doesn't make any sense and causes issues with AM4.

My take would be to ask ID Cooling for the brackets directly as they are the OEM for the cooler and they have info to ask them for those on their coolers if you get an old kit with AM3/AM4 combo ones. Even if you'll have to pay for this, I'll bet it'll be faster and cheaper than getting this from alpenföhn if they charge you for their design flaw.

I got IS-40X from their shop on aliexpress and with free shipping that was supposed to take up to two months, it got to me in a week, so maybe they have some ways to ship things faster. Also IS-40X AM4 mounting mechanism is identical with Black Ridge and brackets are interchange'able so I'm using those on the Black Ridge that's on my Aorus B450-I.

Gourmandises

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 24, 2019
@Azeas @Treshy
I had to leave a "webnote" after ordering from their site. I said I heard there was an unofficial V3 or something that I need as I have an AM4 cpu with a unique motherboard / case and they added it for no cost. I assume they just want you to pay for shipping and I got lucky requesting one before my shipment.

I hope they're in the holiday mood and just send you one :)

"
Dear Xxxxxx Xxxxx,

Thankyou for your webnote, no problem I have added this in for you at no additional cost;

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alpe...ge-am4-for-asrock-and-gigabyte-hs-05k-al.html

Regards,

Alexander R
"

Reactions: Treshy and SaperPL

Azeas

Efficiency Noob
Oct 28, 2019
@Azeas @Treshy
I had to leave a "webnote" after ordering from their site. I said I heard there was an unofficial V3 or something that I need as I have an AM4 cpu with a unique motherboard / case and they added it for no cost. I assume they just want you to pay for shipping and I got lucky requesting one before my shipment.

I hope they're in the holiday mood and just send you one :)

"
Dear Xxxxxx Xxxxx,

Thankyou for your webnote, no problem I have added this in for you at no additional cost;

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alpe...ge-am4-for-asrock-and-gigabyte-hs-05k-al.html

Regards,

Alexander R
"
Good to hear! And this actually helps me as well, thanks. I found the same bracket set on casekind.de. It’s only a few euro’s, so not going to bother and wait for Alpenföhn to respond. Really bad on them though to send out these non compatible kits...they should have sent these brackets to each and every one of their outlets (with old brackets) so that they are included with each delivery.

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
They should have sent these brackets to each and every one of their outlets (with old brackets) so that they are included with each delivery.

They should have fixed this issue already when they recalled the v1 because I told them specifically what the issue is and that there is no reason to support AM3 on an ITX/SFF focused cooler.

dtagirov

Chassis Packer
Nov 28, 2019
Please tell me, sending to Russia via mail already gone, or not yet? Can we get a tracking number from you after shipping? DHL communicates with the client on its own, but the Russian post does not do this, even if it is priority parcel, until the parcel arrives at the post office to receive it (and even after that they may not immediately report it, or not inform). Thank!

Reactions: PalSanych

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Out of (self-)interest, is there any pattern to what parts of the world have gotten shipping confirmation, or even had the case delivered?

the couple cases I've seen of cases being delivered have been in the US. I'm from the UK and haven't had shipping notification yet myself.