Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Please tell me, sending to Russia via mail already gone, or not yet? Can we get a tracking number from you after shipping? DHL communicates with the client on its own, but the Russian post does not do this, even if it is priority parcel, until the parcel arrives at the post office to receive it (and even after that they may not immediately report it, or not inform). Thank!
Orders from Russia were packaged today and we'll try to ship them asap, hopefully this week. We'll send the tracking numbers for those through indiegogo messaging (they won't land in your spam this way), so stay tuned.

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
In other news: AGESA 1.0.0.4 should be at least in beta bioses for most of ITX boards by now.

Having ECO/TDP-down modes listed we can clearly see now that 65W TDP SKUs are actually 88W as the total socket power limit suggested, so AMD is pulling an intel's approach to crossing the TDP boundaries with turbo.

With "45W TDP" ECO mode enabled on 65W TDP SKU it limits total socket power to 60W and in such config my 3700X performs thermally as previous gen Ryzen CPUs on NH-L9i, also with thermal grizzly carbonaut.

The multi-core performance hit for ECO mode on 3700X is 10% in Cinebench R15 (drop from 2000 points to 1800). I didn't have time to test this extensively in games yet, so I'm not sure how this will affect clocks in single core loads.

Worth noting is that without the ECO mode those CPUs will run at over 80 degrees on something like NH-L9i, but they should be fine with that, similarly to the GPUs aiming to boost up until they hit 80 degrees. NH-L9i behaves still reasonably quiet with such load, but others that have fans closer to the perforation are ramping up their fan RPMs quite noticeably, so if you go with a different cooler, you might want to try ECO mode.

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Please tell me, sending to Russia via mail already gone, or not yet? Can we get a tracking number from you after shipping? DHL communicates with the client on its own, but the Russian post does not do this, even if it is priority parcel, until the parcel arrives at the post office to receive it (and even after that they may not immediately report it, or not inform). Thank!

Don't worry. You will receive tracking information.

Sending packages to Russia takes a lot longer than those sent with DHL, because your post office doesn't allow courier shipments (no DHL, TNT, EMS, etc.). It means we can only send you postal priority packages. What is more, Polish post deals with customs office only for non-commercial packages or courier packages. If we want to send you your package as a company (with invoice), then we have to do all the paperwork at customs office by ourselves and then we can bring packages to the post office, which can take or reject the package. Same story with the border customs office which will take or reject the package. This is a lottery. We went through that in the last campaign, and we said "never again"... but for Russia there is simply no other way....

Tomorrow we will bring those packages to customs agency to fill all the papers and we hope that transport for Russia will also leave tomorrow.

Nizzikef

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 8, 2019
I received my tracking information before the last Indiegogo update even. I just received my case today, #800-something.

Build quality is fantastic, and see no blemishes on the powder coat. The packaging was so over the top! (not a bad thing)

Can't wait to get it home! :)

emingc

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 24, 2019
Does Contribution ID has anything to do with shipping order?
Mine is #72 (shipping to China) but I haven't received any email from DHL.

Oddly I got a voice message from DHL this morning on a different phone number from the one I used on indiegogo, telling me that I have a package that will be returned to the sender.

Mope

Cable Smoosher
Mar 31, 2019

Oddly I got a voice message from DHL this morning on a different phone number from the one I used on indiegogo, telling me that I have a package that will be returned to the sender.
大兄弟,我还没收到通知

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017

Not really, if we were to keep track of the order ID's in who gets the package first, it would make the whole procedure way longer, by creating a lot of mess.

Did you purchase the campaign order off-of someone else? Is your address in China on indiegogo in "My Contributions" panel?

emingc

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 24, 2019
Did you purchase the campaign order off-of someone else? Is your address in China on indiegogo in "My Contributions" panel?
-----------------------------------------------------------

No, my shipping address and phone number are correct in indiegogo contribution panel.
Maybe this DHL voice message to my google voice number is just a coincident.

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
-----------------------------------------------------------

No, my shipping address and phone number are correct in indiegogo contribution panel.
Maybe this DHL voice message to my google voice number is just a coincident.
Can you write us an email at sentry@zaber.com.pl about this, so we can figure out with DHL how did this happen?

LeChuck81

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 6, 2019
In other news: AGESA 1.0.0.4 should be at least in beta bioses for most of ITX boards by now.

Having ECO/TDP-down modes listed we can clearly see now that 65W TDP SKUs are actually 88W as the total socket power limit suggested, so AMD is pulling an intel's approach to crossing the TDP boundaries with turbo.

With "45W TDP" ECO mode enabled on 65W TDP SKU it limits total socket power to 60W and in such config my 3700X performs thermally as previous gen Ryzen CPUs on NH-L9i, also with thermal grizzly carbonaut.

The multi-core performance hit for ECO mode on 3700X is 10% in Cinebench R15 (drop from 2000 points to 1800). I didn't have time to test this extensively in games yet, so I'm not sure how this will affect clocks in single core loads.

Worth noting is that without the ECO mode those CPUs will run at over 80 degrees on something like NH-L9i, but they should be fine with that, similarly to the GPUs aiming to boost up until they hit 80 degrees. NH-L9i behaves still reasonably quiet with such load, but others that have fans closer to the perforation are ramping up their fan RPMs quite noticeably, so if you go with a different cooler, you might want to try ECO mode.
Have you had any chance to try the Cryorig C7, specifically the copper and/or the graphene version (as far as I can tell, they should both perform comparably, even if Cryorig claims a TDP of 115 W for the CU and 125 W for the G) ? How does they fare in its stock condition against the NH-L9i both in terms of loudness and thermal performance?

BTW, let me catch the opportunity to thank you for all the infos you are sharing on BIOSes, AGESAs, thermal test and whatnot. They are a real bless when you plan what to buy for a Sentry-oriented build! ?

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Have you had any chance to try the Cryorig C7, specifically the copper and/or the graphene version (as far as I can tell, they should both perform comparably, even if Cryorig claims a TDP of 115 W for the CU and 125 W for the G) ? How does they fare in its stock condition against the NH-L9i both in terms of loudness and thermal performance?

I haven't tried them as Cryorig C7 in general IS NOT a 47 mm clearance cooler. It's 47 mm tall, but it needs another 8-10mm of space above the fan to not be loud like a server unless you've got a thin mesh instead of perforation. check this for reference:

While this is a beautifully designed cooler and a neat fan, it's not something that should be used in 47 mm clearance case with punched out perforation.

LeChuck81

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 6, 2019
I haven't tried them as Cryorig C7 in general IS NOT a 47 mm clearance cooler. It's 47 mm tall, but it needs another 8-10mm of space above the fan to not be loud like a server unless you've got a thin mesh instead of perforation. check this for reference:

While this is a beautifully designed cooler and a neat fan, it's not something that should be used in 47 mm clearance case with punched out perforation.
Wow, that's definitely… something!
You definitely don't want to install a stock C7 in an SFF build… ?
What about the widely used custom mod with a Noctua fan?
Would that help? Would it even be worth the hassle, compared to stock NH-L9i or Black Ridge?

Another question about your shipment policy.
Are you shipping by nation? That's how I would manage the shipments.
If that's the case, do you have an order you plan to stick to? And, if so, is it possible to post it here and, maybe, update it when the shipment is processed? I can't wait to toy around with the Sentry, any info on the status of shipment you can share would be totally appreciated. ?

Reactions: Dustbunnyck

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Wow, that's definitely… something!
You definitely don't want to install a stock C7 in an SFF build… ?
What about the widely used custom mod with a Noctua fan?
Would that help? Would it even be worth the hassle, compared to stock NH-L9i or Black Ridge?

Changing fan doesn't really help because it's the issue of fan blades being close to perforation and causing turbulence. Actually IMO C7's fan is less audible on it's own than noctua's 14mm fan because it has pretty unique frame, so changing it doesn't really make sense.

If you have a thicker case, higher clearance for the CPU cooler, I would actually recommend the CU variant because it is really quiet.

I'd recommend going with NH-L9a for AM4, my NH-L9i behaves neatly and doesn't irritate because there's enough space from perforation. Black Ridge also behaves similarly, although it requires specific board to fit (AORUS B450/X570 only AfaiK) and even with that specific board it won't let you mount 2.5" drives, aand still you can't use the 120 mm fan with standard memory (VLP are pretty uncommon/expensive), aaand on top of that there are issues with the brackets if you get the AM3/AM4 combo bracket variant.

If you want to have absolutely quiet system, but you may compromise on the temperatures, there are four mounting holes hidden within the cover perforation above the motherboard for 120 mm slim fan. You can use a radiator like NH-L9i/a or something from Dynatron and put a slim fan pushing the air out through the perforation (otherwise you'll get the same effect with fan blades causing noise). Caveat of this is the screws being in perforation as well, so it's not perfect. Anyway those screw points are slightly off from the perforation layout, so those should be visible. You need to use standard profile ram for those to fit, with VLP memory and low radiator you might fit a 25mm thick fan.

Another question about your shipment policy.
Are you shipping by nation? That's how I would manage the shipments.
If that's the case, do you have an order you plan to stick to? And, if so, is it possible to post it here and, maybe, update it when the shipment is processed? I can't wait to toy around with the Sentry, any info on the status of shipment you can share would be totally appreciated. ?

We went with export packages first (export as in outside EU) as the shipping would be longer, and we didn't really know how much time would it take this time around because of black friday and xmas etc. We're not shipping by contribution ID because this would be waste of time to keep track of.

Orders from the North America are over half of all orders including the ones in the EU, so effectively those are dominating the first shipment focused on export packages.

LeChuck81

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 6, 2019
Changing fan doesn't really help because it's the issue of fan blades being close to perforation and causing turbulence. Actually IMO C7's fan is less audible on it's own than noctua's 14mm fan because it has pretty unique frame, so changing it doesn't really make sense.

If you have a thicker case, higher clearance for the CPU cooler, I would actually recommend the CU variant because it is really quiet.

I'd recommend going with NH-L9a for AM4, my NH-L9i behaves neatly and doesn't irritate because there's enough space from perforation. Black Ridge also behaves similarly, although it requires specific board to fit (AORUS B450/X570 only AfaiK) and even with that specific board it won't let you mount 2.5" drives, aand still you can't use the 120 mm fan with standard memory (VLP are pretty uncommon/expensive), aaand on top of that there are issues with the brackets if you get the AM3/AM4 combo bracket variant.

If you want to have absolutely quiet system, but you may compromise on the temperatures, there are four mounting holes hidden within the cover perforation above the motherboard for 120 mm slim fan. You can use a radiator like NH-L9i/a or something from Dynatron and put a slim fan pushing the air out through the perforation (otherwise you'll get the same effect with fan blades causing noise). Caveat of this is the screws being in perforation as well, so it's not perfect. Anyway those screw points are slightly off from the perforation layout, so those should be visible. You need to use standard profile ram for those to fit, with VLP memory and low radiator you might fit a 25mm thick fan.
Good infos here, I will cosider them when I'll plan the new build to put inside.
For the time being, I'm gonna adapt my current build (and i7 2600K on a P8Z68-V Pro for which I already found a substitute in a P8Z77-I Deluxe) into the Sentry and I'll proceed to buy a new build when I will be able to afford it.
It will probably be built around AMD Ryzen 3/4 and RX 5800 XT/6800 XT (however AMD will name next gen Navi).

We went with export packages first (export as in outside EU) as the shipping would be longer, and we didn't really know how much time would it take this time around because of black friday and xmas etc. We're not shipping by contribution ID because this would be waste of time to keep track of.

Orders from the North America are over half of all orders including the ones in the EU, so effectively those are dominating the first shipment focused on export packages.

So, apart from Non EU/EU, there's no real order in shipment? Oh well, I will camp my email waiting for a tracking number. ?

GVLT

Cable Smoosher
Nov 20, 2019
Is there any recommended watercooling options for Sentry 2.0? I just noticed that NZXT Kraken I was planning to buy this week won't fit by the pump height clearance.

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Is there any recommended watercooling options for Sentry 2.0? I just noticed that NZXT Kraken I was planning to buy this week won't fit by the pump height clearance.

You should look for the ones with asetek pump since it lets you rotate the pump freely on the CPU. Note that H75 we have used and is shown in the manual is discontinued and corsair uses different oem for it right now, so you might want to ask whether it's the asetek variant. Also H55 has pretty short hoses and doesn't have all screws necessary for the mounting, so I'd stay away from it.

Silverstone tundra is pretty okay but you can't rotate the pump freely on AM4, just two opposite directions.

Nizzikef

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 8, 2019
Glorious.

Might be compact but holy cow is this guy DENSE. Absolutely love it! I just need to get a better solution for the GPU power connecters as their a little too tight for my liking. Your guys' manual is great, and yes, I highly recommend people follow it unless you've built in the first gen before! I made one blunder where I routed and connected all the cables except for the Powerbutton jumpers. Unfortunately on my board they're located right next to the ATX 24pin connector... Sandwiched inbetween the 3.0 USB header.. Underneath the CPU power cable... With the PSU cord wedged right next to it... In retrospect it would have been faster to tear it all down again, but I decided to spend 15 minutes fandangling with those 3 little connectors rather than disassemble.

Very unique and enjoyable build.

Dustbunnyck

Caliper Novice
Nov 10, 2019
Glorious.

Might be compact but holy cow is this guy DENSE. Absolutely love it! I just need to get a better solution for the GPU power connecters as their a little too tight for my liking. Your guys' manual is great, and yes, I highly recommend people follow it unless you've built in the first gen before! I made one blunder where I routed and connected all the cables except for the Powerbutton jumpers. Unfortunately on my board they're located right next to the ATX 24pin connector... Sandwiched inbetween the 3.0 USB header.. Underneath the CPU power cable... With the PSU cord wedged right next to it... In retrospect it would have been faster to tear it all down again, but I decided to spend 15 minutes fandangling with those 3 little connectors rather than disassemble.

Very unique and enjoyable build.

Which cooler is that?