Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

Chimpee

Cable Smoosher
May 23, 2019
New update from the indiegogo campaign, 50% of grey cases packaged and 82% of black cases packaged. Shipping should start within the last week of November.

Dustbunnyck

Caliper Novice
Nov 10, 2019
I really wish I got in on this I still hate myself for missing out. Here’s hoping they do a second run or someone decides to sell theirs

mamon

What's an ITX?
Nov 12, 2019
Does anybody tried to build ryzen 3900x in sentry 2.0 or 1.1? Is it possible? I want to build compact workstation as powerful as it possible.

Last edited:

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Does anybody tried to build ryzen 3900x in sentry 2.0 or 1.1? Is it possible? I want to build compact workstation as powerful as it possible.

If you're willing to go an itx GPU, you should be able to water cool a 3900x in the 2.0. I don't think it will cool properly with just an air cooler though as I'm struggling with a 3700x in a Dan A4 at the moment (fine for gaming but need to reduce PPT by 8-10W in benchmarks)

Reactions: nph84

NovaProspekt

Cable Smoosher
May 9, 2019
Has anyone tried the new ROG Strix X570-I motherboard with any of the Cryorig C7 coolers? One of the reviews on Newegg states that the heat sinks on the board interfere with a Cryorig C7 Cu making it impossible to mount correctly. PC Part Picker states no compatibility issues between these parts. Can anyone verify either way?

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019
Has anyone tried the new ROG Strix X570-I motherboard with any of the Cryorig C7 coolers? One of the reviews on Newegg states that the heat sinks on the board interfere with a Cryorig C7 Cu making it impossible to mount correctly. PC Part Picker states no compatibility issues between these parts. Can anyone verify either way?
Im not entirely sure if the c7 will fit. it should, but the am4 mounting will force you to mount the cooler in a way that makes the finstack face the ram sticks on the right and the vrm heatsink on the right, severely hindering airflow. maybe thats what the review refers to?
I tried the C7G on the asrock x570itx board and the cooler fit like a glove, Im pretty sure it would fit the x570i from asus as well...

GVLT

Cable Smoosher
Nov 20, 2019
Hi, will I be able to fit ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3 into sentry? I'm currently in the process of getting the parts for december build in sentry 2.0 and I don't want to fail it. Thanks.

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019
Hi, will I be able to fit ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3 into sentry? I'm currently in the process of getting the parts for december build in sentry 2.0 and I don't want to fail it. Thanks.

It should fit no problem.
However I wouldn't recommend getting the board unless you absolutely need thunderbolt. I had the board and the bios was horrible, ram from their qvl didnt run with xmp, generally ram overclocking was really bad and my 3800x ran significantly hotter than on my new x570i aorus from gigabyte (the cryorig c7g with noctua fan couldnt keep the 3800x under control even in eco mode). I had 2 of the AsRock boards because on the first one the fan failed. The gigabyte board is the only one that works with the black ridge cooler as well so thats a nice plus as well.

Reactions: cbri

GVLT

Cable Smoosher
Nov 20, 2019
It should fit no problem.
However I wouldn't recommend getting the board unless you absolutely need thunderbolt. I had the board and the bios was horrible, ram from their qvl didnt run with xmp, generally ram overclocking was really bad and my 3800x ran significantly hotter than on my new x570i aorus from gigabyte (the cryorig c7g with noctua fan couldnt keep the 3800x under control even in eco mode). I had 2 of the AsRock boards because on the first one the fan failed. The gigabyte board is the only one that works with the black ridge cooler as well so thats a nice plus as well.
Thanks! I considered Gigabyte one as an alternative for ASRock despite all the talking about raw bios. As far as I can understand it was updated to a more recent version in the early november.

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019
Thanks! I considered Gigabyte one as an alternative for ASRock despite all the talking about raw bios. As far as I can understand it was updated to a more recent version in the early november.
what exactly do you mean with raw bios? what I can say is that the gigabyte bios is significantly better than the asrock bios.

Downloadingdata

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 22, 2019
Any chance of fitting in a MSI 1660 Super Gaming X card in the case? I know there is a big red “no” in the excel spreadsheet but the dimension is only 46mm and I understand there is around 50mm of clearance for GPU width in the case?

On a related note there really seems to be a derth of quiet GPUs at the performance of 1660 or above that is strictly two slotted. MSI gaming X seems to be the only one going below 30dbs. NV founders cards goes for 30% above rrp and are loud, and there isn’t one for 1660. All AMD cards are too loud regardless of size and Ggbyte 3 fan cards do >33dbs for 1660 Super/Ti

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
First transport of v2.0 cases will be taken tomorrow morning by DHL.

p.s. we wanted only one big transport, but customs services claims they can take only 100-150 packages per day per one sender (probably black friday or something), so... there will be several transports... yeeey :(

zustroy

Trash Compacter
Jun 19, 2018
Thanks for the reply.

This means you're happy with repainted cases, they passed all quality checks.
I guess you didn't send any of them back again?