Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Thanks for sharing this! It's a shame to see the new AM4 lineup still gets stuck without front M.2 slots... I was really hoping that would be addressed with the Zen 2 boards... Hopefully other boards manufacturers will get that right.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Oh that's right! I forgot about that one, and you're 100% correct.

Also, I apologize for not having my Black Ridge measurements on the Z390 Phantom Gaming mobo posted yet... I haven't had a chance to tear apart my build with how busy I've been, but plan to do some serious tinkering this weekend, and will have those promised pictures posted for anyone interested. Let me know if there's anything in particular you would like to see measured, and I'll make it happen.

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
the gigabyte b450 itx board has pretty weak VRMs, you cant even overclock anything really and I wouldnt recommend using even a 8 core on it... I wouldnt use it with a 12 let alone 16 core chip (and I doubt gigabyte will let anyone do it because its just an accident waiting to happen)

the gigabyte x570 itx board is MUCH better, it has 6 phases with 70 amp power stages, I wouldnt try to use a 12/16 core on anything with a weaker vrm than that.

Noted. Also saw a reddit post saying pretty much the same. So may go the X570 board. This is such an expensive hobby! Haha

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I finally got around to testing out Black Ridge on my Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX mobo, and here are the pics:

RAM clearance is all good:

This is the only thing I could think to measure:

PCIE lane clearance perspective 1:

PCIE lane clearance perspective 2:

I didn't really know what to measure, but it does for sure fit the board. I'm currently running it with a Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 14 140mm fan on top, but I can assure you that the 92mm fan fits underneath on this mobo without an issue. It's sort of tight, but that's pretty normal for SFF things.

As far as cooling goes, I don't want to say too much until I ensure that everything is making proper contact, and that my kryonaut spread properly... As @SaperPL mentioned before, the mounting solution leaves a lot to be desired, and I could definitely see someone destroying their mobo being even the least bit careless while installing this cooler. My first impression is that even with the 140mm fan on top, it doesn't hold a candle to the Corsair H60, but that seems pretty obvious. Once I do more testing, I'll be more specific.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Indiegogo seems to be taking their sweet time processing payments, huh? @SaperPL @ZombiPL Do you guys have any updates for us?

Also, after more testing with Black Ridge, I was able to dial in an overclock I’m happy with on my 9600k at 4.6ghz on all cores at 1.175v with LLC2. I limited the long duration power limit to 95w, and short term power limit to 135w, and it JUST reaches 80 C at the end of a 15 min stress test in RealBench. During a 2+ hour full gaming load (Monster Hunter World with high res texture pack at 1440p) it hovered between 62-69 C, and was barely audible.

I’m currently in a Louqe Ghost S1, and use a Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 14 fan as intake on my BR. These results are with the base Ghost (no top hats), and a Chromax NF-F12 fan in the bottom as exhaust. I’m working on a case feet design I like to get it off of the desk a little more, and expect around 5-8 C improvement in temps. After firsthand experience with the Ghost, I can confirm as others have that Louqe's internal testing of case feet height is garbage... A few extra millimeters makes a big difference.

All of this said, I feel like the Sentry will have better airflow in the CPU chamber than a non-top-hat Ghost does, which should help make up a little ground for only being able to use a 92mm fan with BR vs the 140mm fan I’m currently using. If your mobo allows for the 120mm slim fan with VLP RAM, then I think you'll be in great shape with this cooler in the Sentry with a wide variety of CPUs.

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Indiegogo seems to be taking their sweet time processing payments, huh? @SaperPL @ZombiPL Do you guys have any updates for us?

Yes, Indiegogo had some technical problems on their side, about which they "forgot" to inform anyone, and we still (yes, it's 6th of June...) didn't get the funds. We made a ticket to their technical support, and we received an information that they will try to "prioritize" us to speed up the whole disbursement process. Because of that we decided to make some moves on our side and right now we are confirming prices and production availability at our subcontractors. We are still aiming with start of shipping at the end of August/start of September (today we talked with DHL representative about this period), but at this moment we do not really know when funds will be transferred to us, so we would be able to start making orders ("Estimated Disbursement Week: Week of May 10, 2019" (c) Indiegogo). We will inform you guys when the whole process will start.

When we will get the finds we will start making updates through Indiegogo website just like we did during the Sentry v1.1 campaign. Right now we didn't use this tool, mostly because there was nothing to write about because of this funds disbursement delay, and we didn't want to spam people with "Not yet" information (every update is sent to every backer via email). We hope we will know something more within next few days.

Secret-Misthios

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2019
I thought it had ended a while back since I saw a few posts with the day/s extension over a month ago. But just looking at the site I was surprised, it still allows you to select the perk for the Sentry 2.0. Was the extension just extended further until? @SaperPL

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
I thought it had ended a while back since I saw a few posts with the day/s extension over a month ago. But just looking at the site I was surprised, it still allows you to select the perk for the Sentry 2.0. Was the extension just extended further until? @SaperPL

Main part of the campaign ended over a month ago, but indiegogo has this InDemand option. We decided we will leave it available until we will get the funds from the main part of the campaign, so everyone who were late would still be able to order their Sentry. So technically even the campaign is over, you are still able to order Sentry and we will manufacture this order together with the main campaign orders. We didn't plan that, because Indiegogo was supposed to send us the funds within few days, not few weeks. When we will get the funds, InDemand option will be turned off.

Secret-Misthios

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2019
Main part of the campaign ended over a month ago, but indiegogo has this InDemand option. We decided we will leave it available until we will get the funds from the main part of the campaign, so everyone who were late would still be able to order their Sentry. So technically even the campaign is over, you are still able to order Sentry and we will manufacture this order together with the main campaign orders. We didn't plan that, because Indiegogo was supposed to send us the funds within few days, not few weeks. When we will get the funds, InDemand option will be turned off.

I see. When that option is turned off, will it be automatic or something that can be said, say, 24 hours prior to doing it for any last minute folk?

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
I see. When that option is turned off, will it be automatic or something that can be said, say, 24 hours prior to doing it for any last minute folk?

It's not automatic. We had to turn it off manually. We expected "last minute folks" about a month ago, so now, when Indiegogo will transfer the funds we will have to close this option as fast as possible, so we will know the final numer of orders which we will pass to our subcontractors. Time is running and we can't wait longer than it is necessary. People are waiting for their cases. If someone still didn't order his Sentry, he probably has last few days to do it in this campaign.

Idle2824

Average Stuffer
Apr 26, 2018
Well, I really can't say I'm impressed with Indiegogo. Considering you've managed to pull in a quarter of a million dollars, you'd think they could assign someone to make sure everything goes through as smoothly and quickly as possible. I hope you don't have to use them again.

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019
Just ordered the SF750 80+ Platinum SFX PSU for use in this case... I can't wait I'm so excited for my new rig ?

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Quick update:

- We finally received the funds from Indiegogo,
- We sent and paid in USD currency for most of the components which will be delivered from outside the EU-zone,
- We are waiting for an exchange company to exchange funds from USD currency to PLN to start ordering process for parts which will be manufactured in Poland (most of Sentry elements),
- We turned off the InDemand order option on our Indiegogo campaign page, but it turns out it is not a toggle on-off process, and we have to wait for up to 3 working days until Indiegogo will review our request and turn it off.

Stay tuned for more updates.

zustroy

Trash Compacter
Jun 19, 2018
It was about damn time!
I sent them couple of tweets as well as email asking when will they transfer the funds. Never replied.

Do you have time estimate on how things will develop from now on if everything goes without issues?

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Do you have time estimate on how things will develop from now on if everything goes without issues?

Most of our subcontractors claims that they will be able to manufacture their elements within 4-5 weeks. It means we expect to start Sentry assembling process in the middle of July. If everything goes well, best case scenario from our schedule is still possible.