Searching help for finding and building Louqe Ghost S1 in EU

frenzen90

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
New User
Apr 19, 2020
I know it's not the correct place for this post but i haven't reached yet the privileges to post on the trading thread.
In the meantime i want to ask you some simple questions about the build i'm willing to make.
At the current state, i already have some components, savaged from my old pc which has a dead motherboard
- cpu i7 9700f
- gpu gtx 1660ti (single fan)
- 1 tb nvme
-16gb ram 2600mhz

- as motherboard i'm planning to buy a simple b360
- as ram don't know if it is worth buying 32gigs for future proofing or just buy 16 and at which frequency, i mean, 2600mhz worked fine till now

so here are my doubts :

1) should i buy the sf 600 that is more than enought for the current setup. or should i buy the 750 for maybe future upgrades (2080 or similars) ?
2) talking about the case, if i'm sticking to a pure aircooled build, i'll be fine with just the bottom exaust fan on the standard ghost or shoud i buy the top hat extention for further ventilation?
3) is watercooling the cpu (9700f so no overclock) worth anyway just to lower the internal air temperature?

Thank you in advance for your help, and if you find some points i'm missing or any conceptual mistakes, please don't hesitate telling me. Thanks

DaSting

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 10, 2020
1. Go for the 750. Better, single sleeved cabling.
2. Bottom intakte will suffice. Hot air wants upwards.
3. No Need to. I built 2 S1 with Alpenfoehn Black Ridge plus additional 12cm x 15mm top fan, intake.
?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
1. Go for the 750. Better, single sleeved cabling.
2. Bottom intakte will suffice. Hot air wants upwards.
3. No Need to. I built 2 S1 with Alpenfoehn Black Ridge plus additional 12cm x 15mm top fan, intake.
?
I'm sorry but this is wrong. Hot air does rise, but it is slow and easily overcome by case fans. Sandwich style cases exhaust the majority of their waste heat straight up and straight down, when you put in bottom intake you are forcing that waste heat up and into the CPU and GPU coolers. When run as exhaust it removes the waste heat from the case and increases the intake of fresh air through the side panels into the GPU and CPU coolers.

Watch this video from Optimum Tech where he tests both intake and exhaust, with and without tophats, in the Ghost S1.