S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Keep a time sheet an invoice me if you like. For serious.

Just want to get ahead and say that I am totally NOT complaining, I am honored to help people out with their builds. I got them into this mess with my strange little PC-- I'm just saying I am front line defense!

But you are a standup guy, Craig. For sure.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Zero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 27, 2017
Oh, if anyone was wondering whether EVGA 1080ti SC2 fits the S4M-C through the GPU slot (i.e. with no bezel installed), I just tried it and it is an exact fit, even with that black plastic bar that runs along it:

It takes a little wiggling but it'll pop into place. Runs much much quieter and cooler than Founders Edition.

There's no way on earth an EVGA FTW3 woudl fit, but those are way overkill anyway.

ECHO

Trash Compacter
Dec 3, 2016
Finally up and running, although not complete.

Power button still to go, with some handy pliers sufficing in the mean time.
I'm also hanging on for KMPKT's upcoming cooler - at least until there's AM4 LP53 support - and some Skywire cables.

Then I'll be able to put the panel on XD But until then, its nice to have a PC for the first time in almost 12 months!

Thankyou Josh!
:confused:

Edited for splelllingnigng :p

Last edited:

SumGhai

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 14, 2016
I'm also hanging on for KMPCT's upcoming cooler - at least until there's AM4 LP53 support - and some Skywire cables.

Then I'll be able to put the panel on XD But until then, its nice to have a PC for the first time in almost 12 months!

I'm imagining a side panel mod that makes a circular cutout for the fan and the LED ring to pass through the side of the case, kind of like that RAM vent cutout Josh made for LTT's S4 mini video.

Reactions: Biowarejak and ECHO

ngriesdo

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 15, 2017
So I found something very interesting. I just tested my 7700k while gaming and got a max temp of 76c. This on an open bench not inside a case but it’s notable. That’s under all cores 100% at full 4.4 turbo. I have not delidded yet. I have not run prime95 and I don’t plan to as gaming and programming is all I use my PC for. I don’t feel prime95 is a good tool to use for temp testing especially if your only gaming. I have a 1080 mini as well and have not seen anything above 64c on an open bench with about 50% fan speed with an auto fan curve. I have a noctua l9i as a cpu cooler. I will update my build log when I get temps inside the case. I just thought I would post my initial findings.

Reactions: CubanLegend

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
I'm imagining a side panel mod that makes a circular cutout for the fan and the LED ring to pass through the side of the case, kind of like that RAM vent cutout Josh made for LTT's S4 mini video.
WRAITH SPIRE COOLER CASEMOD ENGAGE!

hehe, this is exactly the mod I wanted to do :)
go go go go!

Let me put some extra cover panels on the website first so you can practice on them... XD

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
Not sure if there is any interest, but I got the titan (NC25/HS) cooler on my Gigabyte Z170n motherboard. Fit is pretty good actually and it looks like the Noctua 120mm slim fan will fit as well. I currently have the super slim Scythe fan installed, but there's a few mm gap between it and the cooler. I might buy one if temps and noise are an issue. I have yet to do any stress testing since I still need to put on my hard drives.

I also borked my PCIE riser key, but I don't think that'll affect temp. testing at all. Oh, and I'm running a non-k i7-7700. If temps are especially good, I may run a K version, but I don't see the need to as it is my work computer and I don't run any demanding programs on it.

slimjim

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 5, 2017
Not sure if there is any interest, but I got the titan (NC25/HS) cooler on my Gigabyte Z170n motherboard. Fit is pretty good actually and it looks like the Noctua 120mm slim fan will fit as well. I currently have the super slim Scythe fan installed, but there's a few mm gap between it and the cooler. I might buy one if temps and noise are an issue. I have yet to do any stress testing since I still need to put on my hard drives.

I also borked my PCIE riser key, but I don't think that'll affect temp. testing at all. Oh, and I'm running a non-k i7-7700. If temps are especially good, I may run a K version, but I don't see the need to as it is my work computer and I don't run any demanding programs on it.

pics

slimjim

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 5, 2017
if that fan works then by all means use it but i clipped an 80mm slim akasa to mine, maaybe we can compare thermals?

slimjim

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 5, 2017
havent even gotten that far yet, just figured out how to use a kodati or kozuti clip to attach an 80mm slim fan to the titan lol, was happy to even get that far lol

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
havent even gotten that far yet, just figured out how to use a kodati or kozuti clip to attach an 80mm slim fan to the titan lol, was happy to even get that far lol

You can easily fit a 120 slim on the fan bracket. Here's some photos.

I'm showing off the AMD spacer I used here. The Intel washer was too small.

Don't have calipers so this is the best I could do.