Prototype REVOCCASES RCC-BIG560 | custom BTO case | maximum flexibility for high end hardware in <20L

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
long time no updates for the B560 but I hope everyone who got a case from the initial batch is still happy with it :)

I have recently teamed up with a larger case manufacturer to work on some new (potential) projects and I'd like to hear if there would be enough interest in something like a "B560EVO"

What I have in mind would be an enhanced / more refined version of the case with better availability.

Let me know what you think / what kind of changes/features you would like to see on a B560EVO.

nathanjaker

Cable Smoosher
Mar 18, 2021
long time no updates for the B560 but I hope everyone who got a case from the initial batch is still happy with it :)

I have recently teamed up with a larger case manufacturer to work on some new (potential) projects and I'd like to hear if there would be enough interest in something like a "B560EVO"

What I have in mind would be an enhanced / more refined version of the case with better availability.

Let me know what you think / what kind of changes/features you would like to see on a B560EVO.

Sounds awesome! Personally I'd love something like the upcoming Dan C4 (being discussed on this site) but with more breathing room and hardware compatibility. I like the ideas of built in shrouds/airflow separators, maybe that could be a part of your designs?

Reactions: REVOCCASES

Thomzock

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 20, 2022
Glad to hear you consider to revive the B560EVO!
Here's my "wishlist" 😁:

- KEEP the dual radiator support at the top and the bottom!!! That's one unique feature of only a few cases in the sff community. My absolute favorite is the WinterOne... wish I had seen it before I was building my system...
- Make a possibility for a sandwich style by maybe be able to move the centerpart (which holds the mainboard) to the middle of case. Your dimensions are perfect your any build of that kind. And with your 180mm you have the width for such a possibility.
In my case I have a 3080ti Founders Edition which I HAVE TO present like this 😉

- At least one USB 3.0 or similar would be nice at the front.

If all those wishes became true, you definitly have a new customer!

Btw: Schöne Grüße aus Mannheim 🙋‍♂️

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
thanks for your feedback, glad to hear there is still some interest in this project :)

I haven't started with the (re-) design yet, so we could basically start from zero - here is what I have in mind so far:

general compatibility (similar like the original B560):
  • mITX or up to mATX motherboard
  • up to dual 280 radiator (either top/bottom or top/side)
  • SFX / SFX-L PSU
  • up to 4 slot GPUs
  • medium sized tower or top-down air coolers
  • optimized for classic layout (maybe optional sandwich mode upgrade package)
quality / size / price:
  • all CNC machined & anodized aluminum
  • all new premium & industrial look
  • around 20L external volume
  • flat packed & "modular" design
  • EUR 2XX,- price range plus shipping (TBD)

Sounds awesome! Personally I'd love something like the upcoming Dan C4 (being discussed on this site) but with more breathing room and hardware compatibility. I like the ideas of built in shrouds/airflow separators, maybe that could be a part of your designs?

I'll try to optimize the design for classic layout - very roughly like a larger C4 (maybe closer to the Cerberus). The main selling point for the B560EVO would be probably the dual 280mm rad support and an all CNC aluminum design with industrial look and premium feel. My major concern is if there is actually enough demand for such a case between the SFF/MFF form factors.

The idea with airflow shrouds / separators is very cool, I'll keep that in mind and see if it makes sense for the B560EVO further down the road.

KEEP the dual radiator support at the top and the bottom!!! That's one unique feature of only a few cases in the sff community. My absolute favorite is the WinterOne... wish I had seen it before I was building my system...
- Make a possibility for a sandwich style by maybe be able to move the centerpart (which holds the mainboard) to the middle of case. Your dimensions are perfect your any build of that kind. And with your 180mm you have the width for such a possibility. - At least one USB 3.0 or similar would be nice at the front.

I'll definitely keep dual 280mm radiator support - at least in combination mITX motherboards. For mATX it might be possible to do 280 + 240 but we shall see... ;)

Personally I prefer the classic layout, especially since PCIe Gen5 is coming and the riser nightmare is probably getting even worse. However, it should be possible to design/offer a "sandwich upgrade package" for those who prefer that layout.

I was thinking about a Type-C at the side and power button at the back or below the case to have a clean front panel - but I'm open to other ideas / opinions.

PS: Beste Grüße und willkommen im Forum! :)

thisismylifenow

Efficiency Noob
Dec 20, 2021
I think there is definitely a niche for the ~20L sff/mff range, or at the very least there could be. There's definitely a crowd jumping into the ever growing sff train recently who don't want to undervolt or skimp on cooling performance (like me, admittedly lol). The Slate AQ and new Rama case are both dual rad ~20L cases getting a lot of interest in their perspective threads. Both are utilizing a unique case interior and imo a very well done classic layout like in the BIG560 is different enough to offer good competition.

I don't have the og big560, but if I were building a PC today, I'd want more height clearance for my waterblock. Lots of 150mm+ blocks for the strix, trio, suprim, etc. Perhaps optional mounting points/brackets for a tiny pump res like the FLT80, better if d5 compatible.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
I don't have the og big560, but if I were building a PC today, I'd want more height clearance for my waterblock. Lots of 150mm+ blocks for the strix, trio, suprim, etc. Perhaps optional mounting points/brackets for a tiny pump res like the FLT80, better if d5 compatible.

I really like my b560. You can definitely fit a D5 in it as I have one in mine.

I still struggle with the PSU in my current build blocking view of the motherboard.

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
@REVOCCASES Is there any timescales for this to happen? I am going to move from a winter one to this as it seems that power of new gpu is going through the roof, and I will need an sfx-l power supply yes or yes, and I am tired of risers, 4.0 barely works, 5.0 with PAM4 I think will be a nightmare.

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com