Prototype REVOCCASES RCC-BIG560 | custom BTO case | maximum flexibility for high end hardware in <20L

pit

Efficiency Noob
Aug 11, 2021
Here's mine in air build. It won't stay this way for long, just waiting for few more bits for my custom loop to move it to water. The GPU is a tight fit due to the stupid RGB protrusion. The panel needed some persuading to close.

Spec:
Gigabyte B550i
Ryzen 5900x
Asus TUF 6800xt
Corsair SF750
Noctua NH-C14S
Two 140mm Noctua fans as intake at the bottom

Temps with fans at 50% running Cinebench and Superposition

pit

Efficiency Noob
Aug 11, 2021
Moved to custom water loop. Super happy with temps. It's my first loop ever and it looks nasty so I won't be showing you that until I figure out how to sort out the cable/hose management, and fabricated the vertical mount for the GPU.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
hey guys! :) I've done a little build log inside the BIG560 with two AIOs (240+280),
so a little bit of a different approach of the case idea:

Hope you like it! :)

Thank you, that was very entertaining, Linus couldn't have done it better XD

it looks nasty so I won't be showing you that until I figure out how to sort out the cable/hose management

Now I'm curious to see who did the better cable management, you or @GucksTV :p

• Haha
Reactions: Arboreal and pit

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I watched the @GucksTV video late last night with YT auto translated captions (English) on, which made it even more entertaining.
It kept referring to Reebok cases, not Revoc cases 😎 🤣 😂 .
There were some others too: the case became 'big 5 160', the 'Winterhorn' case got a mention, also 'the system from Lynas Tech Tips' and 'we now have an eric 6800 xt water cooled...'
Great piece of case cramming there, pushing the boundaries of space efficiency 👍
@pit, you've shoehorned a mad amount in there too! That GPU placement is making me feel quite uncomfortable!
Meanwhile, my Big560 is a pile of alu sheet that was washed clean in the bath yesterday, having come unfinished form the metal fabricators to get the best price.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Be careful what you wish for! I do have some alu bars in the post for the GPU mount. Once that's sorted I'll have to figure out where to put that rats nest of cables for Quadro.

Honestly I couldn't do any better and I really like the idea of modding the case to an sandwich layout 👍

If you should need any spare parts for your build, just let me know - I still have a few panels left.

manatworks

Cable Smoosher
Jun 14, 2021
Here's my WIP , still got quite a way to go (i've to make molex cables). I think putting FLT res in this case is surprisingly complicated but it's partially on me to pick this layout haha. Personally i think using DDC with flt might make this a bit easier but i don't have DDC pump right now.

The difficult part in particular is the gpu out>res inlet as they are too close which make putting 2 fittings there kinda difficult, Luckily i've a box of fittings and there're a few one that give me the offset i need.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Here's my WIP , still got quite a way to go (i've to make molex cables). I think putting FLT res in this case is surprisingly complicated but it's partially on me to pick this layout haha. Personally i think using DDC with flt might make this a bit easier but i don't have DDC pump right now.

The difficult part in particular is the gpu out>res inlet as they are too close which make putting 2 fittings there kinda difficult, Luckily i've a box of fittings and there're a few one that give me the offset i need.

I have spent a long time thinking about the ordering of the loop. What’s your current plan?

manatworks

Cable Smoosher
Jun 14, 2021
I have spent a long time thinking about the ordering of the loop. What’s your current plan?
My current aim is to clear the path for air for each rad
from this

you can see that i'm trying to keep the main chamber less cluttered (not that successful yet)

The whole thing kinda go like this
FLT outlet>CPU>top rad>bottom rad>GPU>FLT inlet
IMO i think FLT with DDC pump should open up a bit more space and clean up the bottom piping i have here but if this D5 config works then i'll be happy enough.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I still had one B-Stock case and after my (semi-) passive cooled build in the MIT1 I wanted to try something like that with a bit more performance in the BIG560... :p

Obviously there is no way to fit the NOCTUA NH-P1 in the case but I still had my good old Silver Arrow and as we say in Germany "was nicht passt wird passend gemacht" XD

So here is the build with an mATX motherboard, R5 2600 and R9 Fury (probably an R5 5600X and ASUS x Noctua 3070 would be a better match, but well... )

Will do some more stress & thermal testing tomorrow to find an optimal fan curve - but IMHO it looks already very promising. Only 35C on the CPU after booting with lowest case fan speed and it seems I could keep the CPU well under 75C when stress testing.

Last edited:

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
On that subject...
I was musing the other night whether you could fit and ATX motherboard into a BIG 560 with a redesigned rear panel and suitably enlarged motherboard tray.
Just asking for a friend 😳
In other news, I am working VERY SLOWLY on my BIG 560 mATX build

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I still had one B-Stock case and after my (semi-) passive cooled build in the MIT1 I wanted to try something like that with a bit more performance in the BIG560... :p

Obviously there is no way to fit the NOCTUA NH-P1 in the case but I still had my good old Silver Arrow and as we say in Germany "was nicht passt wird passend gemacht" XD

So here is the build with an mATX motherboard, R5 2600 and R9 Fury (probably an R5 5600X and ASUS x Noctua 3070 would be a better match, but well... )
I did not read and jumped right into the pictures. For 1 moment, I thought that is a new Thermalright cooler! My mind conjured up a Thermalright Sentinel somehow. But then, I read and saw it is a Silver Arrow. Well, at least I get the Thermalright part right! BTW, if anyone is going to challenge Noctua's NH-P1, it has to be none other than Thermalright. I really do not mind a passive cooler heatsink war between them.😁

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
On that subject...
I was musing the other night whether you could fit and ATX motherboard into a BIG 560 with a redesigned rear panel and suitably enlarged motherboard tray.
Just asking for a friend 😳
In other news, I am working VERY SLOWLY on my BIG 560 mATX build

Fitting an standard ATX motherboard would be tight but should be possible if I move it towards the top. I'd have to sacrifice the fan mounts at the top though unless making the case taller. If your friend is interested I can prepare some modified drawings for the DIY edition.

I did not read and jumped right into the pictures. For 1 moment, I thought that is a new Thermalright cooler! My mind conjured up a Thermalright Sentinel somehow. But then, I read and saw it is a Silver Arrow. Well, at least I get the Thermalright part right! BTW, if anyone is going to challenge Noctua's NH-P1, it has to be none other than Thermalright. I really do not mind a passive cooler heatsink war between them.😁

Haha 😅 I feel honored you thought that is a real thing... But I agree, Thermalright should be able to do something like the P1. Maybe a new version of the Macho?

Oh, I finally downloaded OCCT and did some more testing with the build today to find the sweet spot between noise and temperature:

First test with all case fans set to max and some OC on the CPU:

Next, all fans OFF - also with some OC:

After that I slowly increased the case fan speeds until the temperature would stabilize around 80C (which is the sweet spot for me). With the budget PHANTEKS fans this was around 1000 +/-150 RPM. If I would use some better fans I could probably go even lower making it inaudible but still, it's working pretty well already.

Now the big question, can I make the Silver Arrow work totally passive... after playing around with PBO, PPT and cTDP I finally found some settings that work pretty good. Below are the results with PPT limited to 70W without any case fans on. CPU maintains a stable 3000 +/-100 Mhz clock while staying well below 80C.

IMHO not too bad for a heatsink actually meant for active cooling. Do you know any reviews of the P1 using a CPU with comparable specs @tinyitx?

Reactions: tinyitx