Prototype REVOCCASES Project FLEXi5 - scalable 5L+ DIY friendly Console Case

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Project FLEXi5 is a FLEX powered console case I designed for the DIY case maker community. It can be produced by services like e.g. SendCutSend and if you are familiar with CAD, is easily scalable in X/Y/Z to fit different sized components. So in other words, the smallest volume that makes sense for this layout would be 5.0L but it can be increased to fit larger GPUs, CPU coolers, etc... Drawings are attached to this post. Feel free to use for your own personal projects.

Below sample I made for myself and is about 5.2L in volume.

Specs of the sample:
  • GPU clearance: 273L x 120H x 40D mm (absolute overall max)
  • CPU cooler: max 38mm
  • Riser: ADT R33UF
  • PSU: FLEX
  • D-Sub 3W3 AC power entry
  • Overall size: 313 x 277 x 60mm (5.2L)

size comparison with the SUBOR Z+ Console:

simple 4 part design

general component layout

Attachments

• FLEXi5.zip
    358 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
case came back from powder coating... still missing a few bits and pieces for my final build but I did a quick test assembly with some budget components to see how it all fits together...

for those interested to DIY a case like that:
  • motherboard standoffs: M3x9mm
  • riser standoffs: M3x18mm
  • GPU riser: ADT, R33UF, 220mm
  • Type-C front I/O: ADT, UDT/UDF Series
  • USB back I/O: generic, 48mm hole distance
  • AC power connector: industrial D-Sub 3W3

jchang91010

Caliper Novice
Dec 9, 2020
This is exactly what I have been waiting for. Please make it happen!

Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
This is exactly what I have been waiting for. Please make it happen!

This was more of a just-for-fun project for myself and the DIY case maker community. But if you are interested in something like this, I'm happy to help you out. Just join my Discord or drop me a DM.

dc443

Average Stuffer
Jun 4, 2020
Hey I'm wondering if a format like this but expanded slightly (probably landing a little north of 6L) for GPU clearance could comfortably host a 4090 in 6L.

I have been thinking that a 4090 could go in a Velka 7, but only the blower cards (at $3k, too rich for me) fit, and would be too noisy besides. The 4090 FE is 304mm long and 137mm tall, so we would actually need to stretch, sigh, two of the dimensions out a bit, and it's going to need a redesign around the GPU mount to keep from stretching the depth as well. Perhaps I have answered my own question... too many modifications needed

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Hey I'm wondering if a format like this but expanded slightly (probably landing a little north of 6L) for GPU clearance could comfortably host a 4090 in 6L.

I have been thinking that a 4090 could go in a Velka 7, but only the blower cards (at $3k, too rich for me) fit, and would be too noisy besides. The 4090 FE is 304mm long and 137mm tall, so we would actually need to stretch, sigh, two of the dimensions out a bit, and it's going to need a redesign around the GPU mount to keep from stretching the depth as well. Perhaps I have answered my own question... too many modifications needed

I think @riba2233 might have just the right case for you...