• Poll closed .

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Well, i have an idea that could make everyone happy if they are ready to accept some additional slots above or under the I/O shield ... ;)

Edit: if not I also have an idea...

Last edited:

judokamak

Trash Compacter
Sep 25, 2019
Perfect and also a good compromise between internal power brick and gpu.

I'd vote for 65mm clearance and i think this is the max value for an apu case. It can fit all the good LP cooler options including L12s with a little bending.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

Donut

Trash Compacter
Mar 15, 2019
Well, i have an idea that could make everyone happy if they are ready to accept some additional slots above or under the I/O shield ... ;)

Edit: if not I also have an idea...
I'm curious what you are thinking here. Are you thinking of having the GPU sit above the CPU cooler with the help of a riser (sort of like the HDPLEX H1)? The would create a pretty neat trade-off between the GPU build and APU build (i.e., by giving up the GPU, you get more height for your CPU cooler).

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I'm curious what you are thinking here. Are you thinking of having the GPU sit above the CPU cooler with the help of a riser (sort of like the HDPLEX H1)? The would create a pretty neat trade-off between the GPU build and APU build (i.e., by giving up the GPU, you get more height for your CPU cooler).

Much easier. No risers involved. I want to keep the cost low. ;)

But to give you a hint: who said the motherboard position must be fixed?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
just to give you a first preview what I'm working on... :cool:
  • ca. 2 liter APU only
  • ca. 4 liter = LP GPU
  • ca. 6 liter = ...

Last edited:

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Neat design, couple of questions:
1) Max heatsink height?
2) Max case fan size thickness (80 x 15?)

And just my 2 cents, but 4 case fans is overkill for this. I'm running the J Hack Pure X with a 65w CPU and 75w GTX 1650 with zero case fans and temps are great.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Neat design, couple of questions:
1) Max heatsink height?
2) Max case fan size thickness (80 x 15?)

And just my 2 cents, but 4 case fans is overkill for this. I'm running the J Hack Pure X with a 65w CPU and 75w GTX 1650 with zero case fans and temps are great.

Still might change:

1) 70mm for semi passive, 55mm for active
2) 92x15

This is only the first part of a wider concept I have in mind. You'll also be able to put some much more powerful CPUs in. Also, it will not have vent slots at the top. depending on your final setup and personal preferences you can go with no fans at all or up to four. Just showing possible options.

Reactions: smitty2k1

THUMPer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2020
If I just look at the most recent one, the top compartment expansion housing a full GPU is cool. Mesh top panel for ventilation? The overall concept reminds me of my Lian Li PC-C50.