Reverse Ncase Power Cable

Soulforger90

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
Just curious if SFFlabs (or someone else) sells the Ncase m1 V6 internal power cord in reverse from the stock one?

My build has the PSU (SF600 platinum) turned against the front of the case, so the powercord attaches on the right side of the case. This is doable with a little planning as you use to bend the power cable down since it won't clear the tab for the side panel. It's just a really tight bend. I figured they would offer a cord with a different orientation to the right so you don't have to bend the cable.

Thanks

Soulforger90

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
Thanks Maz,

That's the workaround I was doing. And it does work, it's just really tight on the power cord side. So hopefully they will release the power cables again.

Hixbot

Cable Smoosher
Aug 20, 2019
I'm in the same predicament. Actually right angle left isn't ideal either, "right angle up" towards the back of the case would be best. Like this image.

Hixbot

Cable Smoosher
Aug 20, 2019
you could use that adapter (although it might be too tall to fit under the case top panel). but if you connect the existing internal power cable provided by ncase, you will still have the undesired right angle connected to the adapter.
the best thing would be a custom internal power cable with "up angle".

knewt

Caliper Novice
Sep 4, 2019
@Necere Any news on the reverse cable? And also the locking plastic thing for the side panels? Im waiting to order these spare parts!

Should I contact sfflabs and ask them?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere Any news on the reverse cable? And also the locking plastic thing for the side panels? Im waiting to order these spare parts!

Should I contact sfflabs and ask them?
I don't know if or when SFFLab will stock parts again, but sure you can contact them to ask.

Reactions: knewt

Soulforger90

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
I asked Phil over at pslatecustoms about making an internal extension cable and he posted that same link. Let us know how those work. My understanding is that the user has to plug in the wires to the adapter, so make sure it's done correctly. lol.

Soulforger90

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
That looks good. Does the power switch on the PSU interfere with the cables? Other than that it looks really clean.

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
I ordered this as a replacement. Should hopefully arrive within a week. Will update folks re: fitment and quality.
Did someone found it on Amazon / eBay /aliexpress?

I cannot use the cable provided with the case as the side screwed to the case conflict with the CPU Cooler. That cable seems less rigid and would solve my issue.

Soulforger90

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
Not sure how often Ncases.com is going to carry the right angled power cable, but I ordered one on there for $15. It's in transit, but I'm excited.

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
Am I blind? I don't see it on the store.

In the end, I managed to use the cable shipped with the case. I used the middle whole of the back of the case, and bent very firmly the power cable at the other end to connect it to the PSU. (as other person reported on the forum)

That will do the trick while I am looking for a better solution. It is a quite simple cable, so I think I may DIY one. Just need to find the connectors. And I may use that opportunity to experiment sleeving cables :)

Soulforger90

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
I have my PSU in the ATX position because I wanted to use the 140mm fan that came with the Noctua C14s. The PSU cable has to be bent downward in order to get it to fit. I also used the middle cutout for the external plug.

I don't see the right angle plugs on the site anymore, I checked last night. But they were up there at some point. Hopefully they will be up there again.

JoShmo

Cable Smoosher
Jul 30, 2019
The v6.1 reverse style power cable order arrived a few days ago. Thanks ncase! The original was giving me OCD being bent around like that.