Restock v5?

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 7, 2018
@Wahaha360, Do you have plans to restock the v5, or are you just waiting on the v6? With the possibility of changes to the side panels (with a loss of compatibility with the previous versions), I'd rather get a v5 now so I can make use of my extra set of panels.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
He won't be restocking V5 cases. Also, after some testing and redesigning, I've changed direction on backwards-compatibility for V6: the new panels will still have some changes, but will be backward-compatible with all previous versions. However, V5 and earlier panels will not be compatible with V6 and later.

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 7, 2018
He won't be restocking V5 cases. Also, after some testing and redesigning, I've changed direction on backwards-compatibility for V6: the new panels will still have some changes, but will be backward-compatible with all previous versions. However, V5 and earlier panels will not be compatible with V6 and later.

Thanks. Bad news all around... no more V5,and I can't use my extra V5 panels with a V6.

I've been trying to find a used V4 or V5, but no one seems to want to let go of them.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Also, after some testing and redesigning, I've changed direction on backwards-compatibility for V6: the new panels will still have some changes, but will be backward-compatible with all previous versions.

This is wonderful news! Having just picked up my V5 this year, I was pretty bummed to not be able to get extra panels. Cheers to that design change!

sheltem

Chassis Packer
Apr 13, 2018

Is there going to be any new stock for NCase accessories? I broke one of my panel clips (https://www.sfflab.com/collections/ncase/products/ncase_m1_clips).

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
Thanks. Bad news all around... no more V5,and I can't use my extra V5 panels with a V6.

I've been trying to find a used V4 or V5, but no one seems to want to let go of them.

If you’re vigilant and check eBay often, they do pop up they just sell quite quickly. In the past month or so I’ve seen two, and the latter one I bought within an hour of it being listed (a silver V5)

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017

Are you in the US? They're not uncommon for sale on r/hardwareswap

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015

You could use them if you were willing to do some minor modification: V6 will have two of the studs removed from each side panel (as well as their corresponding clips), so all you'd need to do to make V5 panels fit is remove those studs yourself. The top and front panel will be fully forward- and backward-compatible.

I should add in a disclaimer that I haven't tried removing the studs myself, so I'm not sure how likely it is to damage the panels in a way that would be visible on the outside.

Is there going to be any new stock for NCase accessories? I broke one of my panel clips (https://www.sfflab.com/collections/ncase/products/ncase_m1_clips).
Your case should have come with a couple extra clips in the bag with the screws. I don't know when/if w360 plans to restock them, though.

These are the wrong size, unfortunately. It is a bit strange Lian Li lists these on their site, but no the ones we use, which are much more common on their current cases.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017

Thank you! I was afraid I would never be able to get a non-optical top for my V5

bawjaws

Chassis Packer
Jul 15, 2017
Oh, this is wonderful news! I was really disappointed when it was revealed that there were no plans to restock the V5 panels, and that the V6 wouldn't be compatible, but this makes me a happy bunny.