Ventilated Acrylic Side Panel

Papadon

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Oct 19, 2019
Hi All,

V5 and V6 owner here, love the cases and the community!

I'm determined to not have to go the route of the ugly Accelero III in order to show off the build with a TG/Acrylic side panel. I've done some testing with open air GPU coolers without the bottom fan cage of the V6 and without any 120mm fans mounted for intake. Temps are reasonable and fan speed stays quiet (72 degrees max for a dual-fan 2080 super from Asus) with the standard ventilated V6 side panel, since the ventilation deals with the video card more appropriately now.

I've commissioned an engineer on Fiverr to design a layout for laser cutting an acrylic side panel, which I think looks good and will have sufficient ventilation. I will post up a pic of it here as well as the results when I hear back from a local laser cutting shop in Toronto.

My questions to @Necere are...will the new TG/Acrylic be similar to the V5 in terms of dimensions? I based the design on a 8x11 sheet of acrylic that would mount into an aluminum border just like the V5. Do you have any plans to release just the frame instead of having the TG/Acrylic already fitted? I ask because it was a real pain to remove my V5 TG in order to replace it with acrylic.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
My questions to @Necere are...will the new TG/Acrylic be similar to the V5 in terms of dimensions? I based the design on a 8x11 sheet of acrylic that would mount into an aluminum border just like the V5. Do you have any plans to release just the frame instead of having the TG/Acrylic already fitted? I ask because it was a real pain to remove my V5 TG in order to replace it with acrylic.
I'm not designing the window for the V6, but the plan is for a full glass side panel held by screws using new mounting holes in the V6 chassis. The prior design using an aluminum side panel w/cutout for the glass will not be offered again AFAIK.

Reactions: Papadon