News Razer's New M1 ITX Case

Seems Razer wants to try to make an ITX case. 3 Slot GPU with top mounted 240mm AIO. Glass panels on both sides, and a completely internal PSU. It's called the M1 because of course it is.

Reactions: Lbibass

Lbibass

Chassis Packer
May 2, 2020
What a shitty move. They KNOW about the Ncase M1. This is just a marketing ploy to get more clicks. Oh, Razer makes an M1 too! I'll buy that instead!

Reactions: SFF Watercooled

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
Razer's M1 is 25L, I'll just go ahead and buy the real M1 that's twice as small. The dumb PSU location makes it impossible for a front-mounted radiator.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
The Cooler Master NR200/NR200P would be a better choice, and it is actually SFF since it comes in at 19.5L, the Razer M1 (I feel dirty saying it) is just too large...!

But I guess that is the real issue with mainstream SFF offerings, dimension creep to satisfy the largest of 'Gamer' components...

We will (hopefully before the end of the 2020...?) see what the H280 / Mesh-Licious, coming in at 14.5L, can bring to the mainstream market as a SFF offering...!

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
The Cooler Master NR200/NR200P would be a better choice, and it is actually SFF since it comes in at 19.5L, the Razer M1 (I feel dirty saying it) is just too large...!

But I guess that is the real issue with mainstream SFF offerings, dimension creep to satisfy the largest of 'Gamer' components...

We will (hopefully before the end of the 2020...?) see what the H280 / Mesh-Licious, coming in at 14.5L, can bring to the mainstream market as a SFF offering...!

Dimension creep is a thing. Power creep as well. A lot of 3080s would cool well with a two card solution. I think a well engineered single fan would cool a 3070 at 220 watts, though it might be a bit noisy. Sadly, we've entered the age where "BIGGAR IZ BETTERZ!!!!"....again.

Reactions: SFF Watercooled

Elaman

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020

... and Nvidia release their most expensive GPU's and they even re-purpose the super-high grade card to be now 'gamer' as well (8K 'gaming'), and even then all the cards get sold instantly. It just seems that this 'gamer' market has infinite disposable income. Reminds me of the Apple of 2015, when the price of a new Apple product was almost like a tax because everyone has to buy it.

rainmaker33

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2020
I think the MetallicGear Neo Mini ITX, which is about the same size looks more appealing than this and it's more affordable.

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
Razer's M1 is 25L, I'll just go ahead and buy the real M1 that's twice as small. The dumb PSU location makes it impossible for a front-mounted radiator.

The retail cost is also like $190USD. It isn't like you're saving any money.

If the had at least provided cable management grommets it would be one thing....but the only value addons are...LED skirt lighting strips?

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
The retail cost is also like $190USD. It isn't like you're saving any money.

If the had at least provided cable management grommets it would be one thing....but the only value addons are...LED skirt lighting strips?
Well for the same price, you get a better case.