Advice Razer Tomahawk Mini-ITX cooling help!

Spoonablehippo

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 6, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I need some advice on a cooling setup for the Razer Tomahawk Mini-ITX!

My current case is the DAN A4, but I wanted a change and a slightly larger case, and really like the design of the Razer.

My only issue is cooling it!

My DAN case was my first build, and so I dont have any case fans.
With the Tomahawk, I'd ideally like an AIO watercooler, and obviously some case fans.

But I'm unsure of the configuration, and how many fans my MB can support etc??

Current components are:
Asus ROG Strix Z370-I GAMING Motherboard
Intel i7 8700K
MSI Aero GTX 1080
Corsair SF750 PSU.

Also, RGB is a must lol

I was thinking of some Corsair ML120 RGB fans and the Corsair H100i Elite RGB 240mm cooler as it comes with the iCUE command thingy lol
But again, not sure if all that would plug into my MB?? I need to plug in the Tomahawk too for its underside Chroma lighting.

Are there any AIO & fans that are compatible with Razer Chroma/Synapse?

Any help would be much appreciated, as you can see I'm a newbie :-)

Spoonablehippo

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 6, 2018
EK AIO & Lian Li Galahad both support Razer Chroma RGB. They are both using a newer pump design with great performance.
I recommend top mounting the AIO.
The lian li case fans are decent in price and performance

Hey thanks!
I actually ordered the Lian Li Galahad 240 yesterday :-)

Fan wise though, I went for the Antec Prizm 120 ARGB. I love the design of them, and Amazon did a 5x pack.

I've also ordered a Razer Chroma addressable RGB controller and a few splitter cables.

I have no idea how this all hooks up though lol. Just got to wing it I suppose lol

darksky3

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 16, 2020
Hello, I just did my first itx build and used the tomahawk mini-itx case. I run 4xcorsair pro 120's. 1 in the front pulling air in, two on bottom pulling air in, 1 rear exhaust and then an nzxt z series AIO on top with those fans exhausting as well. My hard ware is asus X570-i, corsair dominator 32gb 3644 RAM, AMD ryzen 7 3800xt and am rtx 3060ti. Temps stay in a great range with this set up during my benchmarks. I've had no cooling issues. I'd say as long as you have proper air movement through the case the components will be just fine.

darksky3

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 16, 2020
Hello, I just did my first itx build and used the tomahawk mini-itx case. I run 4xcorsair pro 120's. 1 in the front pulling air in, two on bottom pulling air in, 1 rear exhaust and then an nzxt z series AIO on top with those fans exhausting as well. My hard ware is asus X570-i, corsair dominator 32gb 3644 RAM, AMD ryzen 7 3800xt and am rtx 3060ti. Temps stay in a great range with this set up during my benchmarks. I've had no cooling issues. I'd say as long as you have proper air movement through the case the components will be just fine.