Cooling Radiator Screws for slim fans.

Ragsters

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Apr 15, 2018
I am using the Nactua NF-A9x14 PWM fans with a radiator in my Ncase M1. Where can I get screws that accommodate 14mm fans instead of the typical 25mm fan?

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
Depends on what kind of radiator it is, what screws you need.

Usually you can find all kinds of screws on amazon or ebay... actually you can find pretty much every type of screw ever made in pretty much every online "supermarket"... :)

You just have to know the length and the type of thread!

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

Thestarkiller32

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2017
I am using the Nactua NF-A9x14 PWM fans with a radiator in my Ncase M1. Where can I get screws that accommodate 14mm fans instead of the typical 25mm fan?
There are 2 types of Screws:

UNC 6-32

M3

Thowes are the most common ones and if they are to long, get a Metalsaw in the hardware store or ask someone.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Step 1.
Determine the thread and screw size. Enough guides online (example)

Step 2.
Find replacement screws either the right size or ones you can shorten. If you know what screw size and thread it has, you can visit the hardware store.

Step 3.
If your replacement screws are too long or you can't find replacements and want to sacrifice your original screws (I recommend finding replacements), you can shorten them properly with this kind of screw/wire stripper pliers:

Usually they come in Metric (M3) or Imperial (6-32), rarely both. Ideally use a matching nut, which you wind for enough down the screw so it can go in the pliers and after stripping you can remove it, possibly fixing a thread issue caused by cutting it.

jaruri

Caliper Novice
Feb 15, 2018
If you have hardware stores nearby I would go and check their screw bins. I needed different rad screws for my 15mm thick fans as well as extra long ones for an externally mounted fan with added filter. The first store I went to had all the screws that I needed. Costed me less than 10 cents per screw, which was much cheaper than trying to get them online

Ragsters

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Apr 15, 2018
If you have hardware stores nearby I would go and check their screw bins. I needed different rad screws for my 15mm thick fans as well as extra long ones for an externally mounted fan with added filter. The first store I went to had all the screws that I needed. Costed me less than 10 cents per screw, which was much cheaper than trying to get them online
Thanks man! I figured that a 0.75 in long screw is probably what I need. I have a Home Deport near me so Ill give it a try.

Reactions: Blubbie21