Advice Questions regarding best cooling configuration as well as PSU recommendations.

TheKneebler

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Nov 25, 2020
Hey, first time building a PC with my own money and I've decided to go mini-ITX. I'll drop a list of my purchased and prospective parts below.

Case: NCASE M1 (Purchased)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX (Purchased)
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x (Purchased)
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 (Not purchased)
PSU: Corsair SF600 (Purchased)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2x16GB) 3600 (Not Purchased)
Storage: WD Black 1TB NVMe (Purchased)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S (Not Purchased)

~I bought the power supply when I originally wanted to go with the 3070, and realized afterwards that the 3080 was what I really wanted. Is a 600w PSU enough for this build or should I sell this one and get something with more wattage?

~I will only be able to fit 3x120mm case fans in the case if I go with this cooler, 2 on the bottom and 1 on the side panel. Which would be the best configuration for them? Two exhaust fans under the GPU with the 2x92mm CPU fans and the 3rd case fan as intake was my original idea, and I'm wondering how viable it is.

Any advice is appreciated,
-TheKneebler

Reactions: Tuethida

aromachi

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 18, 2019
SF600 will be plenty. The two biggest power draws in the system will be cpu and gfx obviously. Plugging your components into a basic psu calculator shows a 433w load. guru3d.com measured peak power draw of 146w for the 5600x and 338w for the 3080. That leaves you plenty of headroom with a 600w psu. I'd say you even have room for some overclocking, especially if you're going with such a big cpu cooler.

You'll want those two fans at the bottom pushing air into your graphics card. Those two at the bottom will be intake, with the cpu cooler fan pushing air towards the rear exhaust fan.

Reactions: Tuethida