Advice Cerberus X - Cooling Suggestions - AIO Tubes Too Short

devenjahnke

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Apr 3, 2021
So I purchased a Cerberus X recently with the rear mounted SFX PSU kit. As that leaves little room for CPU cooler clearance, I chose to add-on to my purchase the "ASETEK 670LS 240mm AIO with AMD AM4 mount kit - Includes 2x Noctua A12x25 Fans" offered during the case configuration process. However, when I attempted a test fit of my parts, I found that the AIO's tubes were too short, meaning that I could not mount my radiator in the bottom of the case. I would mount it on the front, however my GPU is too long.

I'm currently entertaining two options to resolve this dilemma and am looking for advice:
  1. Purchase an AIO (ideally without fans) that has tubes long enough for the radiator to be mounted in the bottom of the case (ideally with tubes long enough such that the pump would not be at the highest point in the loop).
  2. Purchase the internal PSU mount kit and an air cooler (currently looking at NH-C14S to cool a 5900X).
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I am new to SFF PCs and both options appear as though they'll cost roughly the same. If you have any questions or require any additional information please let me know. Thanks!