Project Z10P - SFF render server

3feetcat

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Apr 4, 2018
I wrote this post for 2 hours and the system told me I need to log in again and that's what I did. Then the forum doesn't have autosave, so all my paragraphs are gone. I am not frustrated, not at all. It's just I don't want to retype everything again.

Z10PH-D16, with D9L, SFX and low profile graphic card.

Project Z10P - blade server motherboard

Size 6.85*18inch. about 2.5x size of an normal ITX.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
@3feetcat
I feel your pain. Maybe next time compose in word processing software before copying to post when you have a lot to say? That way you also can save a local copy for your reference.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
This kind of board layout expects the airflow to happen over the entire length of the longest dimension to cool other components. Have you found this to be an issue in this concept ?

3feetcat

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Apr 4, 2018
@3feetcat
I feel your pain. Maybe next time compose in word processing software before copying to post when you have a lot to say? That way you also can save a local copy for your reference.
Emm. Good point. I'll try that next time.

Love it. The half-SSI form factor is insanity - I built with a dual LGA771 one years ago!
Did you run into any problem with this kind of motherboard? Sometimes this motherboard show ram warnings, I even bought an extra motherboard but the problem still exists.

This kind of board layout expects the airflow to happen over the entire length of the longest dimension to cool other components. Have you found this to be an issue in this concept ?
as far as I know, no such problems. Thanks for raising this question, I will do the tests after i receive the prototypes. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Phuncz and confusis

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
@3feetcat No problems at all. Bear in mind that this is server hardware and thus it can be really, really fussy when it comes to hardware though! All part of the fun :)

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
sorry for your loss (of text)

this looks insane!!
I'd love to know more when you have the patience to write some more about it.

never knew this size of board existed.... this is so nice!

Reactions: rosinbole

eggDK

Average Stuffer
Mar 14, 2016
Subscribed, only because of the insanity of this build XD
You kinda have to update the OP so we get to know what this beast will be working with when it's done. Title says render server.. Rendering what?

Reactions: rosinbole

3feetcat

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Apr 4, 2018
@3feetcat No problems at all. Bear in mind that this is server hardware and thus it can be really, really fussy when it comes to hardware though! All part of the fun :)

sure i'll keep in mind :)

You kinda have to update the OP so we get to know what this beast will be working with when it's done. Title says render server.. Rendering what?
lol. thanks

keyshot meanly.

here is my 3d model library for computer hardware: https://grabcad.com/kevin.yu-7
u might be interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

chris11d7

What's an ITX?
Feb 17, 2019
Can anyone here confirm that this board works standalone, and does not require to be plugged in to a proprietary matrix? I am looking into building something similar to this using this motherboard, but am worried about compatibility.. It's hard to believe it can run off of just the 24 pin motherboard power, with no 8 pin CPU power? Am I missing something?

3feetcat

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Apr 4, 2018
Can anyone here confirm that this board works standalone, and does not require to be plugged in to a proprietary matrix? I am looking into building something similar to this using this motherboard, but am worried about compatibility.. It's hard to believe it can run off of just the 24 pin motherboard power, with no 8 pin CPU power? Am I missing something?
YES, this board works alone and you still get all the functions.
This specific board I am using requires a 20pin customized connector. However you can find the pinout in the user manual, so if you know how to customize cables, then it won't be a problem.