Project Symbiote

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
Hello all, and welcome to my third build log on these forms, sadly my last one had to come to an end due to some complications regarding compatibility.

This time I will be modding a Raijintek Metis. I've had multiple ideas on what I wanted my next build to be built in and I have decided on the Metis for pure potential out of a case mod. I want to be able to show off my ideas completely. Now although this build log is starting out now this will be a long road coming.
As a father of three and Christmas coming around my build will be second on the list of importance but I want to start this to get my ideas on paper and to get additional insight from all of you on ideas as well!

The theme for this build is going to be based around my love for Spiderman. And I had thoughts of originally doing this based around the new spiderman homecoming suit on a parvum systems x1.0 case I have since decided that that chassis will be a little too large for my taste. And also have decided that my love for Symbiote spiderman overpowers that decision. This build will not be an extreme untasteful plaster spiderman logos all over the case mod. I have always found joy in the slick black look of the Symbiote spiderman suit. The symbiote in general is fluid, and unpredictable. The Symbiote also signifies power and takeover. Thats what I would like this build to be. I will aim to make this build fluid but elegant.

PARTS
Now I'm not sure on what parts I will be using but this will be a fully water-cooled build. The plan is to use an amd processor. And whatever the equivalent to a 1070 is at the time I get to purchase my GPU for the GPU.
The initial plan is to add an additional 120mm fan mount to the front of the chassis to add the capability of dual 120mm radiators.
I will not be using a traditional psu plan is to use a gunique for hdplex to free up space inside the chassis unless I can manage to find a way to fit in an sfx psu with the added 120mm radiator

Reactions: AleksandarK

stree

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 10, 2016
and reversing the motherboard mount panel to more tradtional postioning?
Thinking of a Metis myself withG-Unique and MB reversal. plus extra venting etc.

Reactions: W1NN1NG

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
and reversing the motherboard mount panel to more tradtional postioning?
Thinking of a Metis myself withG-Unique and MB reversal. plus extra venting etc.
That's the plan. Hopefully reversing will help aesthetics. I'll have to wait and see once I get some parts in. It may be a while. I'm going to start sketching stuff down once I get the chassis to help better give me an idea.

eutholevonik

Average Stuffer
Oct 18, 2016
I'm curious to see what you have in store. I'll also be starting a build log soon with the same case. Wanted to try my hand at modding and it's a decent base to start with.

Reactions: W1NN1NG

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
I'm curious to see what you have in store. I'll also be starting a build log soon with the same case. Wanted to try my hand at modding and it's a decent base to start with.
I may not stick with it now that the new s4mini has been shown. I'll still be sticking to a similar theme though. We shall see

Reactions: Biowarejak