Reiferic

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 22, 2018
With the release of the Geeek A40 I decided to build my first SFF build and being its a transparent case I decided to go full RGB. My last rig was named Ares so I decided that since this was RGB I would name it after the rainbow bridge between the land of the mortals (Midgard) and the land of the gods (Asgard), hence Bifrost (or more traditional spelling, plus it looks cooler, Bivrost).

The Plan was to build a portable gaming rig I can take home and to work since I primarily live at work. I work a rotation and stay there for 10 days at a time. This also doubles as a workstation since most of my job is automated.

At the heart is an Asus Strix B450-i Gaming Aura Sync itx motherboard. I debated on the CPU numerous times and decided to go with a Ryzen 5 2600 at first. I may upgrade this later on but considering I've been running an A8 for the last 6yrs, this is a huge step up. Also going with a WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, a Seagate 2TB Firecuda for storage space, and 16GB of Corsair DDR4 3200 RGB Pro ram. I'll run a Powercolor Red Dragon RX560 4GB GPU temporarily since I have it on hand. Taking it out of my old rig since I'm running 2 in Crossfire. I will upgrade that later to a Zotac mini, either a 1070 Ti or possibly a 1080 since the prices are dropping. Finally, this will all be powered by a Corsair SF600. Oh, and I'm working on another little piece of RGBness to add. Something a little custom.

Reactions: confusis

Reiferic

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 22, 2018
Build is nearly complete. With the California fires, some parts were delayed. Having internet issues with the winter storms we’ve been having so haven’t been posting what i have yet. Should have everything up and running and posts coming very soon.