STRIX & Co.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
you know, sadly I really had a pretty straight forward plan for this at the start and I've already decided to change it up. The color scheme sadly isn't going to work for me and hopefully Ill be able to get it changed with serg. The case will still look exactly the same but I've found a color scheme that works a bit better for me than what I had originally intended it too. so Ill give you all a sneak peek of what I have planned as soon as I get it approved with him.

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
He seems to be really flexible as long as it's not too late to change something. Which batch were you in?
I'm in batch 2 and for some reason the cases didn't end up painted so I'm just having him send me mine naked.
The plan is to cerekote it once I get it.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
He seems to be really flexible as long as it's not too late to change something. Which batch were you in?
I'm in batch 2 and for some reason the cases didn't end up painted so I'm just having him send me mine naked.
The plan is to cerekote it once I get it.
Im in this most recent batch so itll be a while I suppose lol And cerekoting seems like a really good idea I never really thought about that, I may have him do the same for me actually Im wondering if I have a place in town that can do that for me. I know I've got plenty of powdercoating places but Im not sure for cerekote

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Im in this most recent batch so itll be a while I suppose lol And cerekoting seems like a really good idea I never really thought about that, I may have him do the same for me actually Im wondering if I have a place in town that can do that for me. I know I've got plenty of powdercoating places but Im not sure for cerekote
A gunsmith can probably do it, though from what I've seen it's not too hard to find somewhere to do it.
For me, I have a friend who can do it which is part of why I wanted to do it.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
A gunsmith can probably do it, though from what I've seen it's not too hard to find somewhere to do it.
For me, I have a friend who can do it which is part of why I wanted to do it.
I've found a few places. I'll probably ask around at work and see if anyone here can do it maybe or maybe I'll send my chassis your friends way XD haha jk

Reactions: Curiosity

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
And the modding starts. Made some custom fan stickers for the build. This is just a prototype sticker for right now. The application is kinda meh. So I'll be redoing it later but for now

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
Surprisingly teal and brown kinda works. :)

Mint Chocolate > Coffee & Cream?

For sure! I'm actually going to be having my case cerakoted in the noctua scheme :) I think it works. I should be receiving my gunique next week so I'll be able to get that tested out soon too :) then it'll just be a waiting game on my chassis and I can get the real work done. Gonna be making a bracket for an sata to m.2 adapter because based off user measurements it won't fit on the floor on GPU side of the case laying flat so I'm gonna try and make a bracket to tilt it just a little bit to shave off a couple mm in width to make it fit. And also it should help hide some cables :)

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
Okay so for the indecisive person I am I have been fooling around with colors and testing what my case would look like,
I've got 2 ideas I will let you all help me decide because its killing me, I know I'm a few weeks out or more from recieving my chassis but I want to get the color idea down and stuck in my head so I can relay which colors need to be ordered from my cerakote guy I'm honestly leaning more towards option 1 though.
Option 1.

Option 2.

Last edited:

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
Case is finally cut and bent waiting on serg to get them painted I ended up going with the textured black sadly due to some unforeseen financial issues to avoid extra costs. So I'll have to figure out another scheme for this maybe. Maybe not. I'll see once I receive the chassis also I'll update all photos once I get home

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
You can still make black work. And there is always painting it yourself!
ehhh im not a handy man with a spray can, now if i had a gun trust me Itd be flawless but I have some ideas for black :) and sticking with same theme still I can make it work wonderfully just because I had a tiffany & co theme doesn't mean strix and co would have the same color scheme :)