Project Reality

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Well the acrylic work can be done by hand, technically. As for any of the aluminum it depends entirely on what tools you have available. There are many ways to go from a 2D sheet to a 3D design if you know what you're doing and plan ahead with the tools you have :)

Karamazovmm

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 15, 2016
Well, if you can't get something made sometimes you just gotta pick up a new skill :)

I dont think skill helps a lot in this case haha. If only aluminum was as easy to deal as acrylic and wood...

You mean like This?

That case is giving me some good head scratching on where and how I'm going to fit the cables

And you guys guessed it... it's going to be made from aluminum and wood

The thing is that the structure is going to need some level of precision that I couldn't achieve any other way except to get it fabricated

The shell on the other hand is quite simple, and I have tried wood carving before, it's difficult but rewarding. Though to be honest a wood laser cutter I have, the issue is with the other parts

And again sorry for the potato photo, as I'm not at home and can't provide a decent render, this Was taken today during design a discussion with my partner

And I'm sending this from my phone

The wood carving on top is just temporary btw, the design may or may not be customizable when ordering, will have to check on that with the company that would do that.

Karamazovmm

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 15, 2016
A minor update!

Parts have been ordered!

Waiting for the arrival of the power button and the front panel that I ordered! They have already arrived in Brazil!

Now they are just going to have a nice vacation in Curitiba for around 2 months due to how slow our customs work... SAD!

Now really... I hope they get here soon!

Might look at using some premade Front Panel I/O assemblies like these Corsair ones:

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/site-search?searchQuery=I/o

thanks for the tip!

I have ordered one that is fairly simple, just 2 usb and mic and audio, none of the OEMs would deliver the parts to Brazil.

@buLL I have created a list of laser cutters! I will filter it an sent to you soon!

Last edited: