Project Mercury - An internal watercooled Skyreach 4 Mini

Will you pay 300$ USD for a motherboard monoblock that have pump and resivior intergrated into it?

• Yes

Votes: 60 69.0%
  • Way tooooo expensive

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • *Rember, you saved on fittings(at least 2 of them), pump top, and reservoir with an AIO like this*

Votes: 10 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
Update March 15, 2018

More on the custom power button: I'm not a big fan of vandal switches, I always found them ugly and want to find a replacement for them. There just doesn't seem to have any other options on the market so I decided to make my own! Here is a quick breakdown on how the custom switch will work:

The grey part in the middle is the PCB for the power button, a switch will be solder on it. This design relies on a custom front panel. More information will be released later when everything is more refined :)

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Great progress, I like the custom button idea. The PCB should be simple, and I have thought about using custom buttons over tiny momentary tact switches before. How are you going to manufacture it? Machined aluminum as well?

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
@firewolfy Has something like this on his MI-6 case. I think his button is #d printed and has a light shining through it.
I want the button to have a premium feeling and the only way to achieve that is using metal, which 3d printing just isn't able to do (to be honest it can but the surface finish is pretty bad and cost a lot as well). Thats why I choose to CNC the button instead. I'm think of adding a led indicator as well, just not sure how to implement it yet :p

Reactions: Jonny727272

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Just for reference, a one-off heatsink runs between 1000-2000 USD depending on materials. Looking at this design, I would anticipate a cost in excess of that.