Project Mercury - An internal watercooled Skyreach 4 Mini

Will you pay 300$ USD for a motherboard monoblock that have pump and resivior intergrated into it?

• Yes

Votes: 60 69.0%
  • Way tooooo expensive

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • *Rember, you saved on fittings(at least 2 of them), pump top, and reservoir with an AIO like this*

Votes: 10 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ephixi4

Chassis Packer
Feb 7, 2018
I can release the MOBO model, but the thing is, it's basically boxes and plates..

I basically took all the measurements and visualize them.

Duuude! Is this a model of the ROG STRIX Z370-I ?

If so I would be grateful if you could send me the file. I'm a bit stuck with the design process because I have no way of getting the measurement and using some image measurement tools gave me not really satisfying results.

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
Duuude! Is this a model of the ROG STRIX Z370-I ?

If so I would be grateful if you could send me the file. I'm a bit stuck with the design process because I have no way of getting the measurement and using some image measurement tools gave me not really satisfying results.
Haha I uploaded it to resource center already: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/resources/asus-z270i-z370i-strix-clearance-model.111/
Just keep in mind this is a clearance model, which means the actual components on the motherboard are likely smaller than what I have in the model.
I should probably @Matias Petersen as well :p

Ephixi4

Chassis Packer
Feb 7, 2018
Haha I uploaded it to resource center already: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/resources/asus-z270i-z370i-strix-clearance-model.111/
Just keep in mind this is a clearance model, which means the actual components on the motherboard are likely smaller than what I have in the model.
I should probably @Matias Petersen as well :p

Awesome! Thanks a ton and thanks for the disclaimer. I won't be doing much precise work, just need it to at least know the brief location for stuff. Hopefully will be able to post info on the project soonish! :)

Thanks again!

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
If you're planning to sell the monoblocks which you'll get produced, when will they be available to the public? Or if not to the public, maybe to us? ;) I understand that you'll have to get them produced and tested yourself, but are we talking half a year of just months?

Kind regards, Matias!

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
If you're planning to sell the monoblocks which you'll get produced, when will they be available to the public? Or if not to the public, maybe to us? ;) I understand that you'll have to get them produced and tested yourself, but are we talking half a year of just months?

Kind regards, Matias!
:p If everything went right, I should be able to start selling them next month!

Reactions: owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
That isn't much... You could go full crowd funding if you wanted too? Get a few hundred made maybe? I'd think that there were more than 10 people in the world who'd want one of those...
I wanna keep the orders low, probably limited to only this forum. I'm still a full-time student and as far as I know, there are serveral patents on AIO coolers like this so I don't really wanna do a huge run to get myself into legal troubles..

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
I wanna keep the orders low, probably limited to only this forum. I'm still a full-time student and as far as I know, there are serveral patents on AIO coolers like this so I don't really wanna do a huge run to get myself into legal troubles..
Oh yeah, that makes sence... Anyway! Looking forward to maybe being able to afford one! ;)