Cerberus X Custom Water Cooling Build

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Original poster
Jul 3, 2018
This has taken more than I wished, just too busy, but finally pulled it off!

Parts
Ryzen 7 2700X
ASUS ROG Crosshair VII
2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3466
Vengeance RGB Pro Light Enhancement Kit
NVIDIA 2080 TI FE
Corsair SF750 Platinum
Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME
Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME
Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVME
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVME

Bling: 2x 30cm ROG Led Strips

Watercooling Parts (I had Alphacool GPU and CPU AIOs in storage, so the GPU block and 2 radiators were taken from those)
EK-WB ASUS C6H RGB Monoblock - Nickel
Alphacool GPX-N 2080 TI M02 (with integrated LT Ceramic Pump)
Alphacool 240x25mm Radiator
Alhpacool 240x30mm Radiator
Alphacool Eisstation DC-Ultra Reservoir with DC-LT 2600 Ultra pump
Mostly Alphacool G1/4 fittings for 10/13mm soft tubing with some EKWB parts and one XSPC extension with water temp sensor
Alphacool HF tubing (don't have UV lights but like the frosted effect)
4x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM
EK-CryoFuel Navy Blue Premix

The Build
Preparing rads and GPU block

GPU ready for the block

Motherboard ready for the moboblock and after install

I actually realized checking the photos later on that because 2 of the mosfet heatsink screws are not accessible, I will have to drain the loop and take everything out to upgrade my CPU :(

Fitting everything in and cable management

That is kinked, had to redo it

Leak testing

And 1 fitting on the bottom rad leaked, lots to cleanup but no damage, just mess.

Leak testing take 2 (it's all good!)

Left it like this for a few hours to be sure.

Final build

Superposition 1h stress test

CPU boosted well, no special sauce, just Precision Boost on Auto and VCore at -0.100 offset.

Getting that water temp sensor was a great idea as once connected to the mobo you can set fan and pump curves based on it.

Still playing around with it, will probably bench more later :)

Last edited:

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Original poster
Jul 3, 2018
Just ordered PSU cables from PSlate Customs, can't wait :)

Will post updated photos when they are in!

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
Nice build, GPU temperatures look very good, esp given your experiences with the DA2

I assume the cerberus has replaced the Ncase M1?

Also, how have you got all the SSDs installed?

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Original poster
Jul 3, 2018
Nice build, GPU temperatures look very good, esp given your experiences with the DA2

I assume the cerberus has replaced the Ncase M1?

Also, how have you got all the SSDs installed?
Thanks!

Yes, I gave up on my NCASE M1 build, maybe a future project. Loving the Cerberus X so far.

1TB and 2TB were installed on the motherboard

For the two 500GB I used these adapters (without heatsink):

You can see them (barely) in this photo:

The bottom NVME is on PCIE 2.0 4X, but not a big deal, just game storage.

I have some custom dust filters coming from DMC, the PSU cables for pslate and 4xNF-F12 PWN Chromax to finish the look.

Upgrading to the 3950X will be a pain, but will have to :D

Last edited:

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Original poster
Jul 3, 2018
pslate cables and Chromax fans arrived (still waiting on DMC filters for front and bottom)

I am also going to try and get a TG panel fitted with magnets, was inspired by this

Found a company around here that cuts bronze tinted 4mm TG to measure :)

Reactions: reallamer

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Original poster
Jul 3, 2018
Where do you get a alphacool 240x25 rad? I can’t seem to find one on the interwebs?
It appears they are not selling them anymore, I had one that was part of this AIO:

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Original poster
Jul 3, 2018
Decided I had enough of the red power led on the pci-e nvme adapters, glued a piece of black electrical tape on them, left the activity led untouched as it's blue :)

Also installed the pslate custom cables, much better than the original ones, he never disappoints.

Swapped the bottom rad fans with Chromax NF-F12, don't mind having a bit less performing fans on the 25mm one, will leave the front ones alone as that's a 30mm rad and they are not visible when the panel is on.

Powered up:

Next step a custom TG panel, have to say I'm disappointed with the acrylic one from Sliger, not on par with the quality of the rest of the case :(

Reactions: TheHig and rfarmer

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Original poster
Jul 3, 2018
Finally had time for the tempered glass panel mod, got a nice piece of TG, unfortunately could not get a tinted one as could only find 6 mm thick TG, so settled for a 4 mm thick clear glass.

Testing it on

There is a 1.5 mm gap on the sides as the metal on top and bottom is assembled over it, will fix these 1.5 mm magnets with gorilla glue there

Black now, courtesy of my friend sharpie :D

Got the position, time to glue

This is after 2h of curing, 4 magnets where not enough had to double down

As you can see on one point the magnets moved when I applied weight for the curing, shame. If you attempt this also pay attention to magnet polarity or it may bite you back while positioning them. Don't worry about excess glue, you can clean that with isopropyl alcohol later.

Final result, doesn't really give it justice in photo and during the day, will have to take another photo tonight

Not bad for a v1, still looking for a tinted glass :)

Last edited:

matthewn4444

Cable Smoosher
Oct 13, 2018
I would like to try something like this, great job! Does the glass move easily with the magnetics attached (say if you accidentally knocked on it?) How many hours (days) did it take for the glue to cure?

Reactions: bubbl3

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Original poster
Jul 3, 2018
I would like to try something like this, great job! Does the glass move easily with the magnetics attached (say if you accidentally knocked on it?) How many hours (days) did it take for the glue to cure?
With the amount of magnets I put on it the glass is very stable, you need to make sure to have the magnets at the bottom well aligned as the weight of the glass would make it slide down if the magnets are not perfectly aligned with the metal border.
I left it to cure for 12 hours.

Last edited:

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Original poster
Jul 3, 2018
Which magnetics did you use?
Code:
Glue: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B079DCRKVP/

Magnets: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00TACKU7W/

Chisel tip sharpie (to color them black): https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N9ZM2YO/

If you color them, you need to wait for the color to dry for at least 30 minutes.

matthewn4444

Cable Smoosher
Oct 13, 2018
Code:
Glue: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B079DCRKVP/

Magnets: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00TACKU7W/

Chisel tip sharpie (to color them black): https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N9ZM2YO/

If you color them, you need to wait for the color to dry for at least 30 minutes.

Thanks, I'll probably try this too