Project Mercury - An internal watercooled Skyreach 4 Mini

Will you pay 300$ USD for a motherboard monoblock that have pump and resivior intergrated into it?

• Yes

Votes: 60 69.0%
  • Way tooooo expensive

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • *Rember, you saved on fittings(at least 2 of them), pump top, and reservoir with an AIO like this*

Votes: 10 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
I can release the MOBO model, but the thing is, it's basically boxes and plates..

I basically took all the measurements and visualize them.
Well, that doesn't matter! I'm just going to use it to design a mobo cover! Thanks alot! You have made my day in more than one way today! :) If you want to release it, could you upload it to the cloud and give us a link? Maybe google cloud? Maybe grabcad? Again, thanks alot!

Reactions: 1461748123

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
Well, that doesn't matter! I'm just going to use it to design a mobo cover! Thanks alot! You have made my day in more than one way today! :) If you want to release it, could you upload it to the cloud and give us a link? Maybe google cloud? Maybe grabcad? Again, thanks alot!
I will probably just post it to the resources section in a few days :p

Reactions: Obelisk

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
Update March 13, 2018

A care package arrive again, this time with my new set of custom brackets:

The quality is pretty good, but sadly there are several design oversights: Since the thinnest part of the panel is only 1.5mm, using #6-32 screws aren't ideal and several screw holes slipped when I tried to tighten the screw up. Also the top piece is only secured by two screws, which I don't think will be able to handle a radiator's weight.
Next version I will use M3 screws instead of #6-32 and add a support plate between the two pieces.

Also, I got those weird aluminum AIO radiators:

I'm not planning on using them, but they do fit comfortably in the S4M!

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Scratch that, you might be able to jank fab one yourself if they use large, extending pipes.

Take 2 of them, cut the piping at the end, solder the two together, mod the shroud to fit around your jankenstien and then connect one end so that it acts as an internally contained loop.

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
Scratch that, you might be able to jank fab one yourself if they use large, extending pipes.

Take 2 of them, cut the piping at the end, solder the two together, mod the shroud to fit around your jankenstien and then connect one end so that it acts as an internally contained loop.
I really want to use as much aftermarket product as possible. This not only make my life easier but also for those who wanna try to do the same as well :D

Reactions: Damascus

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
Update March 13, 2018

A care package arrive again, this time with my new set of custom brackets:

wait a minute
you did the monoblock already? or is that one you already had?
also I just saw the last pages of progress
I really loved the final render of the monoblock. really good work :)

Reactions: 1461748123