Project Mercury - An internal watercooled Skyreach 4 Mini

Will you pay 300$ USD for a motherboard monoblock that have pump and resivior intergrated into it?

• Yes

Votes: 60 69.0%
  • Way tooooo expensive

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • *Rember, you saved on fittings(at least 2 of them), pump top, and reservoir with an AIO like this*

Votes: 10 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
Very nice!
Will it work for AMD AM4 processors? :)

Also, will the S4M fit the Dynamo Duo with both of the radiators in place?
TL;DR: No and no :(
Since it will be a monoblock, only z270i Strix and z370i Strix will be compatible. The AM4 version has major changes in the design (different socket etc) so it won't be compatible. If the needs are high I might consider making one for it tho :p
With both radiators in place, the S4M is completely packed. There won't be any extra place left. The only DC unit that can be used in such setup will be a plug&play unit such as the G-Unique BTO PSU

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
Update March 2, 2018

Did some rendering today:

Last edited:

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
Where would the HDPlex 400 be relocated to? Most people have this dc-dc unit in their Skyreach units .

This looks amazing though! Keep it up n

Reactions: 1461748123

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
Where would the HDPlex 400 be relocated to? Most people have this dc-dc unit in their Skyreach units .

This looks amazing though! Keep it up n
You have to use Plug&Play units like I mentioned before. There will be no place for any other components :(

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
TL;DR: No and no :(
Since it will be a monoblock, only z270i Strix and z370i Strix will be compatible. The AM4 version has major changes in the design (different socket etc) so it won't be compatible. If the needs are high I might consider making one for it tho :p
With both radiators in place, the S4M is completely packed. There won't be any extra place left. The only DC unit that can be used in such setup will be a plug&play unit such as the G-Unique BTO PSU

If you made an x99e-itx version I might buy it, though I don't know if the radiators being used are enough for a 6950x

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Hey man! Don't know if you have seen the post I did recently on my project:

Hello guys!

Before we reveal a new upgrade, I would like to show you something we just got.

We've been thinking for a while about adding CPU watercooler support for this case.
So, 2 weeks ago, I contacted ModMyMods store, and thanks to Joe, who were very supportive to my request, we've found the perfect solution.

Here is the sketch I sent him at first contact:

After some days talking, and some work from him, here is what just show on Kevin's door:

These are Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Dual and Triple 60mm radiators, adapted to Alphacool Eisbaer LT's cooling unit.
We will test which of them fits better on our case layout.

Based on their volume, they might easily handle 150-200w cpu tdp, we'll make sure.
Also, If everything goes right, I think we can sell an AIO Kit like these for ~$99.
At last, if most of you guys support the idea, the implementation of it on v2 will only add ~1Liter to the case, which would end up with 8.9L.

What do you guys think? Please, leave a feedback ;)

So, I was wondering, why don't you do something similar? Instead of designing your own block, which will be very expensive and hard, you can just mod the rad to an existing block, like the Alphacool Eisbaer LT one we used.

If your main objective with this project is sell a good amount of units, this will dramatically reduce your final price. But if you aim to have some fun designing your custom block just for the innovation, it's fine, keep on ;)

Cheers

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
Hey man! Don't know if you have seen the post I did recently on my project:

So, I was wondering, why don't you do something similar? Instead of designing your own block, which will be very expensive and hard, you can just mod the rad to an existing block, like the Alphacool Eisbaer LT one we used.

If your main objective with this project is sell a good amount of units, this will dramatically reduce your final price. But if you aim to have some fun designing your custom block just for the innovation, it's fine, keep on ;)

Cheers
I'm mainly doing this for fun haha :p

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
Holy shit! If that is really compatible with an Asus z270i, can I PM you for the CAD files? That's 200% amazing!
Yep it will be compatible with z270i, the two boards have basically the exact same design.
I'm not planning on releasing the CAD files though, sorry :(

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
Yep it will be compatible with z270i, the two boards have basically the exact same design.
I'm not planning on releasing the CAD files though, sorry :(
Completely understandable! Not even the wonderful work which you did on modeling the z270i it self? Really could use some custom mobo armor ;) If not, have a very nice day!