Preparation for a v4 build

91Mackmr2

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jun 6, 2019
I'll build on a B450 board, because :

Pros :
- it fits on DAN Case A4 with a Blackridge (X570 heatsinks are too high)
- I don't need PCIe 4 at all since atm high end gfx use only full PCIe 3 x8 lane, it'll need some time before it uses full PCIe 3 x16 lane so before it uses PCIe 4 x16...
- The speed of NVMe PCIe 3 x4 SSD is enough for me
- I won't have active cooling
- It makes me save some money to invest on a better gfx card

Cons :
- My RAM will clock slower
- ...?
Thank you!

Titeywitey

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
Would it be okay to use Corsair sf 600w 80+ Gold vise the 80+ Platinum version? What is the big difference between the two, besides the sleeved cables and efficiency rating?
The sleeved cables actually make for a harder installation. They are just less malleable than the unsleeved cables.

The 600w gold specifically is known to have a noise issue, though it is hit or miss - some users complain about it, others say it is completely silent. Your mileage may vary.

Reactions: 91Mackmr2

Titeywitey

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
Thank you, so removing the m-2 heatsink will not create a problem, also did the cooler include the 120 mm fan?
From what I've read, the heatsink doesn't actually do all that much except look pretty. You won't be able to see it either way if you have a Black Ridge installed.

It does not include a 120mm fan. It comes with a 92mm one.

Reactions: 91Mackmr2

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Hello Dan, I was hoping you would show up. Thanks for your time as well as all the others. Dan what do you think is the best way to cool the cpu, motherboard components, and the case it self?

Sry for the late reply. Just get an Noctua L9a AM4 for the 65W Ryzen. Simple installation, enough power for TDP 65W and not noisy. If you like to increase the cooling performance ( if you like to overclock) just 3D print the fan duct from my faq section on dan-cases.com.

A Corsair 450W is more than enough for the components. If you like sleeved cables get the platinum one but also the gold is a good choice.

For a configuration like this you don't need case fans.

For your ram question. Get whatever ram you like. I would buy Corsair LPX DDR4-3000

Reactions: MAB941009

91Mackmr2

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jun 6, 2019
Sry for the late reply. Just get an Noctua L9a AM4 for the 65W Ryzen. Simple installation, enough power for TDP 65W and not noisy. If you like to increase the cooling performance ( if you like to overclock) just 3D print the fan duct from my faq section on dan-cases.com.

A Corsair 450W is more than enough for the components. If you like sleeved cables get the platinum one but also the gold is a good choice.

For a configuration like this you don't need case fans.

For your ram question. Get whatever ram you like. I would buy Corsair LPX DDR4-3000
No problem, I haven't received my case yet any ways. Certainly appreciate your help, thank you.

Oh btw don't you sell the fan duct for the Notua L9a?

Am I supposed to print the 3d fan duct and make it on my own? I thought I saw someone selling the fan ducts.

Last edited:

91Mackmr2

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jun 6, 2019
I sure am liking how does EGVA gtx 1070 and 1080 dual fans is looking, they would look nice in the case. Anyone that has experience with them please share or point me to builds using them?

91Mackmr2

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jun 6, 2019
Why not getting a new gen RTX2600 ?
Do you mean the rtx 2060? I'm not really sure, all I know is that those GTX look really sharp and I thought they would run better than a rtx 2060, don't quote on that I'm just guessing, because the gtxs has 8gb memory. They sure look good especially with the led. I have even been looking on ebay and there's a lot. That brings to mind, any thoughts on buying used graphic cards on Ebay?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
No problem, I haven't received my case yet any ways. Certainly appreciate your help, thank you.

Oh btw don't you sell the fan duct for the Notua L9a?

Am I supposed to print the 3d fan duct and make it on my own? I thought I saw someone selling the fan ducts.

@Thehack sells them at his shop.

91Mackmr2

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jun 6, 2019
My Dan case arrived today, Yay!!!

I ordered on June 2nd and received it today June 19.

I plan on going with either the EVGA GTX 1070 or the EVGA RTX 2070. What do you think, any recommendation?

Last edited: