Post Your Rig/ Setup

Ro8usta

Efficiency Noob
Jan 30, 2020
Dude that build is amazing. Well done @Ro8usta
Man, thanks so much for the compliment. I appreciate it..
I'm very satisfied by the current result. But when it's 100% and running, I'll update the thermal performance. I'm running out my day-offs to leave for the real job several weeks ahead, until then hopefully I can post some updates.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
My recent build, "The Silver Glint" (still not finished)
No performance data available yet
Wow, that is beautifully done. Really impressed with the quality of the finish on the panels, especially around the port holes for the res - no visible blemishes whatsoever. Also really smart using one of those fan-mount reservoirs like that. Did you hand cut those holes, or use some sort of CNC? The internals look amazing too, with fantastically matched fittings, tubing and blocks, and clean routing throughout. A damn good job all in all. 10/10.

• Love
Reactions: Ro8usta

Ro8usta

Efficiency Noob
Jan 30, 2020
Wow, that is beautifully done. Really impressed with the quality of the finish on the panels, especially around the port holes for the res - no visible blemishes whatsoever. Also really smart using one of those fan-mount reservoirs like that. Did you hand cut those holes, or use some sort of CNC? The internals look amazing too, with fantastically matched fittings, tubing and blocks, and clean routing throughout. A damn good job all in all. 10/10.
Thankyou so much!

The panels were done manually by sanding wheel and brushed it by hands with A LOT of sand papers, and it took me so many hours to get the final result. It came from fully black Evolv Shift panels. This was inspired by Metallic Acid.
The reservoir which made the difference from the original plan. I was about to use the DDC X-Top with or without reservoir. This EK Kinetic FLT120 DDC gave me some new and fresh idea.
The 4 holes for the reservoir ports are done by using Drill Press, then I sanded the cuts with dremel. I like these holes because they gives me easy access to fill up & drain the loop without taking off the rear panel.

I'm greatful that I ended up pick the Velocity Strike instead of the original plan which was the full nickel Velocity. I turned up the CPU block body to be horizontal and found that its boundary between the acetal and nickel is lined up to the left end of the I/O cover heatsink, and I really like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Valantar

Ro8usta

Efficiency Noob
Jan 30, 2020

The sealed bottom openings.

I moved one of the cable grommet inside the case to close this rear cable routing hole so the top fan wont suck air from outside the case, at least it minimized the amount of the air if it still suck it from outside, it's to optimize the exhaust through the top fan.

After 2 hours of Realbench stress test

Parameters recorded after I played game on it. CPU and GPU at factory stock clock settings, with CPU manually undervolted.
It's very satisfying thermal performance for me, knowing it's a case which known to give realtively poor thermal performance even with custom water cooling. I think I nailed it.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017