Other [Poll] Hardware Survey

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Original poster
Mar 19, 2020
This survey seeks to give us an outlet to detail what our parts are, with the hope to discern the average system of a user in SFF.N, equally this may prove useful to many, such as the various product (accessory, case, etc.) vendors that lurk throughout the community threads.

If you've answered on the previous Discord version of the survey, you will need to take it once again as almost all answers have changed.

Results: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1An1G-audKuO6XBOrIeL51G-ntjw6RTRbZ9lYMKrE20c/viewanalytics

Last edited:

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Original poster
Mar 19, 2020
Glad to see you get in on this! Thank you, we're currently up to 11 correspondents which is faster than the Discord version by far!

Reactions: confusis

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Glad to see you get in on this! Thank you, we're currently up to 11 correspondents which is faster than the Discord version by far!
I missed the Discord one! Easier for me to see forum stuff as I'm AFK a lot with work :)

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
Too late maybe but id suggest to add more PSU options and to break apart the wattage from the form factor

These are the other form factors:
1) "Pico" (these are built into the 24pin ATX connector & go up to 160w, also made by G Unique)
2) "Nano" (i.e. streacom 160w and HDPlex 300w is in this category). These are smaller than SFX but bigger than Pico and have no standardized dimension
3) "External" (i.e Dell brick, G-Unique modded brick, ect). This demonstrates how many people chose to remove the inverter from inside their case itself, or aren't using an inverter at all.

& For cooling perhaps add "passive" as an option, even though there's probably only 2-3 of us nutcases running streacom or HDplex or something complete custom like the NYCesquire cube thing https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/antimemetic-fully-passive-gtx-1080-sff-scratch-built.1414/

Last edited:

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Original poster
Mar 19, 2020
Too late maybe but id suggest to add more PSU options and to break apart the wattage from the form factor

These are the other form factors:
1) "Pico" (these are built into the 24pin ATX connector & go up to 160w, also made by G Unique)
2) "Nano" (i.e. streacom 160w and HDPlex 300w is in this category). These are smaller than SFX but bigger than Pico and have no standardized dimension
3) "External" (i.e Dell brick, G-Unique modded brick, ect). This demonstrates how many people chose to remove the inverter from inside their case itself, or aren't using an inverter at all.

& For cooling perhaps add "passive" as an option, even though there's probably only 2-3 of us nutcases running streacom or HDplex or something complete custom like the NYCesquire cube thing https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/antimemetic-fully-passive-gtx-1080-sff-scratch-built.1414/
Good suggestions, considering this is the second survey of its kind I may do a future revision in 2023 with improvements from yall's suggestions, so they're very welcome! The bigger note here was the passive, I hadn't even remembered it at the time which is truly my bad.

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Original poster
Mar 19, 2020
Add for future based on recommendations:
[PSU] - Pico, Nano, External
[Cooling] - Passive, Submerged (Mineral or other)
New category: [Motherboard sizing] - E-ATX, ATX, M-ATX, ITX, DTX, a300, other
New category: [Ram Amount] - 2 to 4gb, 6 to 12gb, 16 to 32gb, 48 to 128gb, Beyond 128gb
New category: [Ram Speed] - Below 2900mhz, 3000 to 3400mhz, 3600 to 3800mhz, 3900mhz to 4200mhz, Beyond 4200mhz
New category: [System tuning] (Multiple choice) - RAM OC, GPU OC, CPU OC
If you guys have any more suggestions on this, feel free to throw them my way so I can keep updating this for next years revision ✌️