Cooling Petition for short tube sff specific 120mm AIO

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
That is just a guess, but for Ncase M1 (120 mm for CPU and 120 mm for GPU) and some back-to-back cases like A4-SFX, wouldn't it make hose routing easier/give more options for layouts as well?

Anyway I can see why for a twin fan radiator that goes always on top or upfront having this kind of 90 degree bend on tubes would be bad, but for a 120 mm fan that potentially goes at the back of the case inside a standard tower/mini tower case, there wouldn't be much problems with it unless it was hanging directly onto the back of the GPU. But once again - more options to route hoses even for mainstream cases. Maybe tucking the hoses at the back of the case and over the motherboard edge would become a thing over hanging right in the middle over the CPU area.

Reactions: riba2233

semper.jason

Efficiency Noob
Apr 14, 2020
@AseDen I just came across this thread and registered so I could add something that I didn't find in the conversation.

I've got three Silverstone ML08 builds that I'm about to dremel the case above the CPU (where the filter mounts). A 240mm radiator is the perfect size, and an AIO is the perfect solution for me, as I don't mind mounting the radiator and fans outside the case and having that protrusion.

The issue I'm running into is that the tubes exiting the radiator have straight barb fittings which interfere with the I/O ports on the motherboard for my mounting solution. Turning it around interferes with the power supply.

Why can't you just use the exact same fittings on the radiator that you do on the pump/block? That would absolutely solve my problem without impacting the performance, no? Even if they didn't swivel, but were just 90 degree angle fittings, it would serve my purpose and allow me to mount a 240mm radiator on a SFF case.

Reactions: riba2233

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
@AseDen I just came across this thread and registered so I could add something that I didn't find in the conversation.

I've got three Silverstone ML08 builds that I'm about to dremel the case above the CPU (where the filter mounts). A 240mm radiator is the perfect size, and an AIO is the perfect solution for me, as I don't mind mounting the radiator and fans outside the case and having that protrusion.

The issue I'm running into is that the tubes exiting the radiator have straight barb fittings which interfere with the I/O ports on the motherboard for my mounting solution. Turning it around interferes with the power supply.

Why can't you just use the exact same fittings on the radiator that you do on the pump/block? That would absolutely solve my problem without impacting the performance, no? Even if they didn't swivel, but were just 90 degree angle fittings, it would serve my purpose and allow me to mount a 240mm radiator on a SFF case.

Hi there Semper.Jason,

Awesome that you joined the conversation to chime in. I (and we) love feedback!

So the reason why we generally don't do angled fittings on the radiators is the fact that they would need to be quite tall to accomodate 25mm fans. That would lead to a total thickness of 40-50mm.
Performance would take a very minor (non-measurable for the average user) hit.

There _MAY_ be a case for a single specialized unit with this setup, but to the primary user I believe this would give more hassle than benefit. That being said, if enough cases and users would buy such a solution, it is definitely something we will look at (like we did with the 645LT, that is entirely custom for the SFF community). :)

/Dennis

semper.jason

Efficiency Noob
Apr 14, 2020
Thanks so much for the reply! I completely understand your need to look at mass scalability.

In my proposed solution, you would admittedly be limiting the fans to be only able to mount to the non-fitted side of the radiator.

I don't pretend to know what the market demand would be, but it would be great to find at least one brand out there selling a 120mm and 240mm variant with this particular modification. Hopefully someone out there places a large enough order to get something like this done.

Reactions: AseDen

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Thanks so much for the reply! I completely understand your need to look at mass scalability.

In my proposed solution, you would admittedly be limiting the fans to be only able to mount to the non-fitted side of the radiator.

I don't pretend to know what the market demand would be, but it would be great to find at least one brand out there selling a 120mm and 240mm variant with this particular modification. Hopefully someone out there places a large enough order to get something like this done.

That is one way it could happen. The other would be that we look into this product ourselves to bring it to market, in a similar fashion as with the 645LT.
If you could build a petition within the SFF community with convincing numbers, I'd be more than willing to bringing it up with our sales department :)