Other Petition Asrock to bring Ryzen 4000/5000 support to both the Deskmini A/X300s

W4RR10R

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 29, 2019
With the announcement of "new" ryzen 4000 and 5000 APUs and a few monolithic CPUs using APU dies with disabled iGPUs. With findings from another thread we have confirmed what we essentially knew. that the A and X300 are identical except for the specific rom on the "knoll activator" chip, a that is involved in low level system startup and it affects what features function on the soc, regardless of the bios flashed to the board.

So, for the sake of product segmentation and the fact that it might actually be not entirely impractical, maybe impossible to change the rom on that chip, I'm not suggesting overclocking support for the A300, but I see now fair reason to not support all of the Cezanne and Renoir based APUs AND CPUs as there is clearly demand(s?) (atleast from me) to not need an APU. Its shouldn't be hard as the share a m-arch so shouldn't they share microcode meaning the just need to recognized as valid cpu/apus in the bios.

Aelda

Cable Smoosher
Feb 11, 2022
This is a good idea, even if I fear that nothing more will come from AsRock and we can consider the devices as "dead".
Where can I find the petition to participate?