Prototype Open chassis mini ITX custom build

Honus

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Mar 31, 2020
Been lurking for a while so here's my first post!

Just finished this little build and couldn’t be more pleased with how it turned out. SendCutSend did an amazing job laser cutting the Aluminum chassis and turned it around in record time. I've been wanting to build a small desktop PC for quite some time. I also really liked the idea of an open frame test bench style chassis- something that would allow me to easily remove/replace components.My requirements for hardware were primarily based around content creation, 3d modeling, photo editing, and CAD work. I do enjoy occasional gaming but that wasn't a priority for me. The way it's designed it's very easy to modify for whatever components you want to use. Of course I already have ideas for a few improvements...

There is a link to the full writeup with all the necessary files if you want to make one for yourself- makingtolearn.wordpress.com

Any and all comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Specs:
Footprint- 175mm x 187mm
Height- 385mm to top of handle
Processor- Ryzen 7 2700
Motherboard- Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro Wifi
Ram- 16GB G.Skill Flare X
Graphics- EVGA GTX 1660 Super ( this card is 190mm long -chassis will fit a 200mm length card up to 2.75 height.)
Power Supply- EVGA 450W B3 modular
Storage- dual NVME (Sabrent Rocket/Samsung 960Evo) plus 2.5" SSD (Adata SU800)
Cooler- Noctua DH15

Reactions: Shatrod

Rikardo

Cable Smoosher
Dec 22, 2018
Old thread, but just downloaded and printed the files. Might give it a try and cut it out of plywood once the weather warms up. Propably some modifications too because I'm thinking about custom loop. 🤔