Prototype Shikain C1 - Custom Bent Metal Chassis - Mini ITX - 7L

Shikain

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Oct 21, 2022
My first SFF build so I wanted to go the full custom route. I designed a bent metal case out of 2mm aluminium. Yes it's not very pretty, but I like the exposed look and simplicity of the bent metal design.

The Shikain C1 is a Mini-ITX air-cooled build with SFX PSU and room for full size double-slot GPU on 25cm riser. Also made room for 2.5mm SSD. This is the second iteration which added a power button and power extension cutout, better GPU cutout, larger CPU cable slot, and a handle!

I'm super happy with how it turned out. I do have a couple spare units left that I'm willing to hand out if people want one as I'd like to see other builds using the chassis and to help with any compatibility issues (just cover postage, I'm in the UK) but there are a couple issues I'll mention quickly.

• The power extension slot is a little too small. It still works, I just had to screw the C14 plug into the case from the other side.
  • The 2mm aluminium is pretty soft and bends pretty easily. That also means if it does get slightly bent, it's easy to fix.
  • The holes for the PSU/SSD are slightly too small for a screw but still work. Conversely, the Motherboard holes are slightly too big.
Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks

David (Shikain)