Only One Front Panel USB is working. I/O panel is on backorder. Is there a source for just the cables?

SmolForm

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 26, 2021
I have a M1 V 6.0 (less than a year old) and I have an issue with the front usb 3.0 ports. Only one of them works, which was always the case from day 1. I thought perhaps it was my mobo, but I just swapped in a different model (Strix x570-i) and I have the same problem. I want to buy a new I/O panel to see if that fixes the issue, but they are out of stock on the ncase website and have been for awhile. I know Lian Li builds the ncase, so I am sure spares are available somewhere. Does anyone know where I can at least source the USB port/cable to slide into the existing I/O panel? Or, alternatively, do any of you have an I/O panel you want to sell bc you prefer the blank? TIA.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
That includes all parts? Is it necessary to purchase a whole new I/O panel, or can I just order the USB cable to insert?
We'll only have the front I/O as a complete kit with the brackets, plates, power button and ports.

SmolForm

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 26, 2021
We'll only have the front I/O as a complete kit with the brackets, plates, power button and ports.
Can I ask where you source the cables? The fact that they are modular and slide in/out the way they do is a nice feature. It would be nice to be able to order the cable separate from the mfr.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Can I ask where you source the cables? The fact that they are modular and slide in/out the way they do is a nice feature. It would be nice to be able to order the cable separate from the mfr.
They're custom overmolds specific to the M1, so you won't be able to find them anywhere else.

Have you tried troubleshooting the USB ports on the software side? I've heard of driver issues causing only one port to be recognized. Also if you have another case available with front USB it's worth trying that with your motherboard to see if it's a cable issue or something else. If it turns out to be the cable send us an email through our contact form on the website and we can send you a replacement.

LordNothing

Chassis Packer
Oct 1, 2021
i did notice the front panel wouldnt charge my headphones. but my build is still mostly incomplete. i blame it on the oversized power supply currently in the case causing unwanted flexion on the header. i got a corsair 750w sfx supply coming to replace it though. while im in there il get out the multimeter and beep test the pins on the usb header, might be something i can fix.

LordNothing

Chassis Packer
Oct 1, 2021
looks like my cable's were not seated properly in their connectors due to interference from the cpu cooler. i think im gonna need to swap it for an aio, i like it but its just causing so many fitment issues.