Could there be a "Blank no-I/O face plate" only option?

Little_Kitty

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
New User
Jan 30, 2020
  • Mini ITX boards with support for the latest USB standard on the front panel are scarce
  • The cables are (relatively) large and with some larger graphics cards need to be removed to ensure everything fits
  • The USB cable is expensive to manufacture (per Gamers' Nexus video)
  • Many of us don't use the front I/O options, preferring to use rear USB or wireless devices. Thunderbolt on the rear I/O can be used if needed
  • The blank face plate also looks subjectively neater
  • The blank face plate is already included, meaning one will be unused, creating waste ?
It's not like the shop avoids add on sales at present, so it's set up to allow more SKUs. Am I missing something obvious here?

wildwest

Efficiency Noob
Jan 4, 2020
Single packing line at the factory. Someone in the Lian Li factory puts all those bits and pieces into the cardboard boxes and tapes it shut.
Much more efficient to pack, stock and ship if there is no variation in that process.

YESWEKEN

Caliper Novice
Aug 22, 2019

Been waiting for the accessories to be available forever. I hope they come in stock for sale soon. It's the last piece of the puzzle to complete my build I started last november. The front IO kit will include the blank faceplate option. The whole kit/assembly will work with older Ncases according to the site.
Just be prepared to wait a long time because I have not found any info on when they will be available...