News NZXT H1 is new SFF case that includes 650w SFX and 140mm AIO

Interesting new case from NZXT. The price is high at $350 but does come with bundled 650W SFX power supply and 140mm AIO. I don't think it's a fit for most of us here but in nice to see a "mass market" vendor deliver interesting, nicely designed SFF cases.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Why not use 4020 instead of 4010 fans? thickness limitation?
If space allows 25mm thick fans, maybe 6025 fans could be tried (as having 3 times the flow rate).

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
2c? damn was hoping it would be a bit more.

Still. Glad there is potential here.
He said with the 1 fan it was only 2c warmer than no panels, which is very good. It means running enclosed is only a 2c penalty.

deadshot1982

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2020
He said with the 1 fan it was only 2c warmer than no panels, which is very good. It means running enclosed is only a 2c penalty.

My Results during gameplay with the three fans

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
My Results during gameplay with the three fans

So Navi of some sort...?
If you take it apart, replace all the thermal pads with Thermal Grizzly minus8 pads, and ADD the same on the RAM & VRMs BETWEEN the PCB & back plate, should drop those RAM temps about 5 to 10 degrees...
And you can also replace the thermal pad on the gpu with some Kryonaut, and maybe try the washer mod to get a bit more even mounting pressure on the GPU...?

deadshot1982

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2020
So Navi of some sort...?
If you take it apart, replace all the thermal pads with Thermal Grizzly minus8 pads, and ADD the same on the RAM & VRMs BETWEEN the PCB & back plate, should drop those RAM temps about 5 to 10 degrees...
And you can also replace the thermal pad on the gpu with some Kryonaut, and maybe try the washer mod to get a bit more even mounting pressure on the GPU...?

Well it's at 66 degrees and I've done some of theses things already. This is also overclocked as you see my clock is at 2017Mhz. At stock it ran around 73. Its the Pulse 5700XT.

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Well it's at 66 degrees and I've done some of theses things already. This is also overclocked as you see my clock is at 2017Mhz. At stock it ran around 73. Its the Pulse 5700XT.
So you dropped 7c from without fans and thats AFTER you OC'd your GPU also? gotta say that is impressive. Unless I am miss understanding your post?

Nyk20z388

Case Bender
New User
Mar 15, 2020
I’ve am new to this forum but have been on overclock.net for many years. I’ve been building for almost 15 years with over 30 cases, super towers, mid towers, mini cases, custom water cooling etc. I decided to finally settle on a clean mini build and been impressed with the case so far. The build quality is high, the fact that all the cables are pre routed and the perfect length are a major +. Cpu temps have been great at 5.0ghz with a 8700k. GPU temps have been very acceptable with the few gpus I have tested, if you need more airflow just remove the filter on the gpu side. Only issue with the case so far is the frame on the bottom almost blocks you from installing the onboard hdmi or DP connections.

Nyk20z388

Case Bender
New User
Mar 15, 2020
Removed the stock fan and installed a Phnateks F140MP with a Phanteks Halos Lux Digital rgb frame. I had to remove the G.Skill Trident Z or else this combo would not fit, i also removed the filter on the cpu side because the fan is blowing as an exhaust now.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/wrtPJzx"><a href="//imgur.com/a/wrtPJzx">NZXT H1</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

OMG I laughed so hard, watching Linus trying to remove the side panels with the case upside down is hilarious. I guess he was too busy to watch any of the 100 other videos about this case.

KaaZeD

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 24, 2020
Hello all, I'm new here and also in the SFF world.

I was just wondering, what could I expect by using the AIO FAN as exhaust, and on the GPU side, remove the FAN and shroud just leaving the Heatsing and putting some 120*15 or 120*25 FANs on the heatsink with some super professional cable ties to fixe them to the Heatsink, and also using them as exhaust.

That would transform it to a negativ pressure case, pulling Air in mostly from the back, may reuse one of the filter from the side Panels and andapt it to the back.

I already have a RTX 2070 Strix, could be a tight fit, may be would Need to bent some fines.

Weredawg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 5, 2017
I just bought one! I haven't built a PC since 2011 and that was sold along with everything related to it in 2014. So pumped to get back into the PC community. I strongly considered the Ghost S1, LZ7, MI-6, and other cases but I really like the mass-production availability, aesthetics, and tower design of the H1. My father-in-law and I will swap out the glass panel with a solid walnut piece.